I'm not even sure they are pullets!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by deanmarz, Dec 18, 2014.

1. deanmarz

deanmarz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2014
    Somerset, NJ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I picked up these three girls, well at least I think they are, about 12 weeks ago. They were 10 weeks old when I brought them home. They were little peepers and very adventurous. Today they are so skittish that they scare each other. They run, fly, dart about and will not come near me. They also have 6 other coop mates. The new thing is to do a chest bump with the others with their neck all stretched out. It looks like a confrontation but I am not sure. There is a tan, black and white bird. They never separate from each other. They are starting to get red faces but not much of a comb. The tan one will sit in the nesting box for hours but no egg.Right now they are 22 weeks old.
    The first pict is when they were 10 weeks old and exploring the yard. The next 3 are from today and the last one is a close up in the coop. I took the picture and then she bit me.

Tell me what I got!! If it's gunna be soup then just let me know now.

2. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Can you post a clear, full body side shot of the white bird? Other then that they all look like pullets to me.

3. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop

X2

4. deanmarz

deanmarz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2014
    Somerset, NJ
    I will try again tomorrow morning. I cant get near her and they keep a 10 foot buffer. I will post asap when I can get her attention.

Do you know the breed?

5. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    Probably EEs which stands for Easter eggers

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of them look like pullets from the photos. But, a better picture of the white one would help confirm this.

As for the breed, the mostly black bird and the whiteish one look like they could be Easter Eggers. The other could just be a "barnyard mix".

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I would like to see a better picture of the white one. But, I am afraid it is a cockerel.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on a better pic. The picture of the white bird is very blurry, but based on what I can see of its hackle and tail feathers, it looks like a cockerel. The rest are pullets. :eek:)

10. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    X3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by