I'm not going to get sick, I'm not going to get sick...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I woke up this morning to find my room mate had turned on the HEAT last night! [​IMG]

A few minutes after climbing out of bed, I realized I had a sore throat and I've been sneezing all morning. I haven't been sick all year...so I just keep telling myself "I'm not going to get sick, I'm not going to get sick!"

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

It happened to me.

I haven't been sick since.......last spring?? Even though I worked retail and I'm not a huge hand-washer I just never got sick.

I got this weird head cold going on right now. I mowed the lawn Monday and burned brush on Tuesday and Wednesday so I kept thinking the sneezing was from all that sort of dusty stuff, but Wednesday night I got a sore throat and it's been all downhill from there. No fun. I felt like this little guy, except with chicken soup instead of coffee [​IMG] because I didn't feel like doing anything else.

Yesterday I went to TSC to get some more pine shavings and I wasn't talking too funny, but I sure couldn't hear a thing my head/ears were so stuffed up.

3. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quote:Yes! Keep saying that~~It does help quite often!

4. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    LOL I haven't been sick for a long time and just now got sick... I'm skipping sociology right now and am thinking about skipping communications..we have speeches due today but I haven't finished mine and its stressing me out. I'm trying to work on it now but my mind isn't working to well lol.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just know that I'm getting sick because of the thread I posted the other day about people complaining that they are always sick! Its revenge I tell you!

I feel like I'm getting worse, but I'm hoping that I'll be better by tomorrow. I can't afford to be sick during finals!

6. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    Go buy some echinacia from the drug store. I swear by it. I haven't been sick for a long time. When my throat gets scratchy I start taking a couple 3 times per day. It stops it all for me.

sandyj

7. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    I got sick this week too.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    It's the thought of the finals that is making you sick.... stress!... calm down a little breathe, gargle with some TCP and have a hot lemon, honey and ginger drink..... go on.... it will make you feel better and some paracetamol for the temperaature..... [​IMG] to all you Finals Students...

9. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Quote:thats what sucks to this is my last 'normal' week and next week finals, my finals won't be difficult but I have some papers to do.... I know they are stressing me because after I decided to skip all of my classes today I felt better, but have been coughing a lot now and just a little while ago I coughed so much that it almost made me throw up [​IMG]

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:HAHAHA it works for me until I stop taking it, then I get sick anyway. What a waste of $$$

Zycam is the same way, and it tastes terrible. Can take it for 3-4 days and as soon as I stop I end up getting sick anyway.

There is no magic cure

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by