I'm not liking my Brinsea :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sunflowerparrot, Nov 10, 2012.

1. sunflowerparrot

sunflowerparrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2012
    Winfield, KS
    For 24 hours, my temperature maintained at about 99ish... woke up to it at 80!! I had to turn the red knob over 10 times to get it back up to 99... I put another thermometer in this morning and it is reading 100 and the Brinsea thermometer is reading 90! What's up with this? I just got this the other day - is my Brinsea's heater not working??? What's going on... No matter what I do, the temp isn't staying consistent according to the Brinsea's thermometer.

I've lost all my eggs - haven't I? (This was my first time incubating... )

2. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Sorry you're having trouble. How old we're the eggs? They could still hatch. Don't give up on them yet :) a candle them in a day or two (unless in lockdown).

3. sunflowerparrot

Jun 1, 2012
    Winfield, KS
    I just put them in yesterday afternoon... I had been collecting since 11-3.

4. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Okay. candle in a few days and see if they're still okay. To be honest, I don't know how many will survive because they were too young to generate their own heat.

5. sunflowerparrot

Jun 1, 2012
    Winfield, KS
    I'm considering returning my Brinsea after such a horrible time with the temperature - still having problems and I've been adjusting for 3 hours now - my thermometer and the Brinsea thermometer are 10 degrees difference.... that is a HUGE difference. I am hating this machine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by