1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

im not sure if this is where I should put this question

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by omahalostpunk, Aug 16, 2011.

1. omahalostpunk

omahalostpunk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Council Bluffs
    I am planning to attend the Ohio National Bird Show in November. I want to pick up a couple of different chickens for breeding. I want to start out slow and only try and breed one or two breeds. Im not really sure what breed I want to go for just yet. Im thinking something I don't see a lot of postings of anyways that's also APA recognized. I was really more curious as to what I could expect to pay for adult birds that are true to the APA standard or at least a price range?

2. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    I dont show but I would post this in the Breeds, genetics and showing section. I am bad with links sorry.
    There is probably allot of people to help you there. [​IMG]

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I was really more curious as to what I could expect to pay for adult birds that are true to the APA standard or at least a price range?

It depends on breed as well as quality of the birds. Do you have any ideas as to what breed? Bantam or Standard? Feather legged, or clean legged, etc?​

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    $500 or less. Seriously. Some go that high. There will also be good birds available for $20 each. Depends on what you're after.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by