I'm not sure she knows she is a chicken!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jjdward, Apr 21, 2011.

1. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    This is Loretta my little banty

[​IMG]

Here is what happens when I feed the cats

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The poor cats don't know what to think!!!!! lol They just look at her like she is crazy and keep eating!!!! Of course she walks up to the bowl like she belongs there and gets ill if the cats don't let her in to eat!!!! Cracks me up!!!!!

2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Apparently, your pretty little girl thinks she's not only not a mere chicken, but royalty. Those are the cutest pics!

I have three four-year old Brahmas that dart into the garage to swipe the cat's food out of his bowl every time I open the door. They've decided it's theirs, and they are entitled to it. In fact, the entire flock adores cat food added to their daily scratch ration.

3. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Oh my! I have a lot of respect for that beautiful bantam!

4. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Growing up, our hens would steal the cat food too. The cats would get peeved about it, but they wouldn't dare swat the birds, they just walked away. It was too funny!

5. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I have the same problem. One of the cats finally got tired of it and so the next time I sprinkled some layer feed on the ground for the girls - the cat lapped up some crumbles! He made a face like, "oooh, this is yucky!" But then, stuck his tongue back in it and must have said, "I don't care if it's yucky. If they are going to eat MY food, by golly, I am going to eat THEIRS!"

I sooooo wish I had video of it because it was just like a stubborn toddler moment, LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by