I'm now a chicken farmer

McCash40

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
My 25, day old chicks arrived today from Mt Healthy, ready and raring to go. They are all very lively and eating and drinking like crazy. I can see that it won't be long before they will be needing new digs. The hard part will be deciding who goes and who stays in the fall.

welcome-byc.gif

It is so much fun! We have had our first six for almost 6 weeks now, and it has made life so much more interesting!

No, I live in the Southern Adirondacks. I was surprised they came so quickly. They were just hatched yesterday and arrived here at noon today. Renews my faith in snailmail. I am currently working on the patio part of my coop. The run comes after that. I plan to only keep 8 or 10 for the winter. There are 5 breeds...all cold weather hens, as it gets really nippy up here in January.

thumbsup.gif
My first easter eggers were from Mt Healthy, via our co-op. They, there were four, were all different colors and layed shades of green and blue eggs. I currently have one silver laced wyandotte hen that also came from Mt Healthy, via our TSC, last year. She isn't as nice of an example of her breed as my breeder hens but she has a great personality and always talks to me when I'm outside near hear. Congrats on joining the ranks of "chicken farmers", you'll find many enablers here!!

Back
Top Bottom