1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

im on 29 days!!! what gives?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by streemers, Mar 24, 2009.

1. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    okay so i have had 3 eggs get fully developed but not hatch all died at the last min.
    i have 1 left in the bator and i am on day 29 and no movement nothing! the way the lights are in my bator i can see the air cell and eveything looks good but no sign of hatching. what is going on? any ideas? i know i have the days correct. my temp and humid. have never been right but they all had been moving along just fine. when i opened 1 of the eggs that died it looked like it could get up and start peeping. no phys. problems.
    really could use some ideas or help and yes this is my first time hatching eggs:(

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I just finished my first batch of eggs, too and the same thing happened. I had no way to check humidity, but I know now that was my problem. I have two live chicks-out of 11 developing eggs. I had to hatch the last live one last night, and it died soon after. The membrane was dried out, hard, and white. I think I will try again, though, now I ordered a hygrometer to keep track of humidity this time.:DBoth chicks I have pipped, but got no further, so I very carefully followed directions on BYC to hatch them out and they seem to be just fine. Mine were supposed to hatch on the 20th, but only one did-the second one hatched yesterday.

3. streemers

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    my humidity was low but everyone was moving along just fine. the 1 egg i opened still had a wet membrane. so i dont know and when i turned up the humidity it got really wet in there. hope your next hatch is better;)

4. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    You said your temperature was "never right" An egg will usually develop with improper temps, but not hatch. You really cant fool mother nature.

5. streemers

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    im thinkin your right:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by