I'm on Long Island, calling all NYers

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Kelly FG, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    How many New Yorkers do we have? I'm on Eastern Long Island, near the Long Island sound.
    Where are you?

2. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Hi, I,m about 20 minutes south of Ithaca and very close to the PA border. Lots of cold weather here, my chickens are not happy. I have 23 chickens. Four are roosters and 19 hens. Mostly a mix of shaver reds, buff orps, australorps, barred rocks, speckled sussex, light brahmas, buff brahmas, one silverlaced wyandotte, one silver spangled hamburg and one little white polish. I love them all.

3. LICHICK

LICHICK Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2007
    New York
    Hi Kelly I'm on L.I. too I think we spoke on line a while back about silkies. I'm in Commack

4. Sport

Sport Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    Long Island
    I just signed on to this list. I'm on Long Island and my 4 auracanas just had their first birthday two days ago.

5. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Hi all. Im in NY up by Ithaca. How are you getting by with this snow. It's so depressing!!!! Welcome sport!

6. LICHICK

Feb 7, 2007
    New York
    Hi Sport I'm in Commack LI Where are you?

7. Sport

Sport Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    Long Island
    Center Moriches

8. LICHICK

Feb 7, 2007
    New York
    Nice to have a chicken person close by. I have black, grey& splash silkies & frizzles, with buff silkies, araucanas & campines comming in May

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  9. Simone

Simone New Egg

Mar 15, 2007
    Hi
    I am ...no laughing please...in Brooklyn NY and was looking for advice on the closest place to get all my supplies, Bedding/ straw and feed any ideas please.

10. LICHICK

Feb 7, 2007
    New York
    Hi Simone What are you taalkin about laugh that you are in Brooklyn. I grew up in Brooklyn. My parents live in Sheepshead bay. Where are you in Brooklyn. Did you look into a pigeon supply store. There is one on Neptune ave. in Coney Island across Totonos pizza. If you cant find any I can bring you what ever you need next time I visit my parents & just pay what I pay for the stuff from Agway. email me [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by