Im over run with Call Ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by leoismydog, May 6, 2011.

1. leoismydog

leoismydog Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    Well we had 12 out of 13 eggs hatch by Momma. Its her first batch, we lost one to a frog incident but the rest are growing like mad. Hatched easter sunday and here they are.
    The group
    [​IMG]
    Shaking off the water
    [​IMG]
    Lets go for a swim
    [​IMG]
    Mom and dad
    [​IMG]

IF your looking for some let me know, we posted them for sale on craigslist and on here in the auctions.

2. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    how cute what color is the hen? a whiter snowy? i have snowys grays whites pastels and butterscotch soon. they look happy. good job with them. [​IMG]

3. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Oh how adorable! Where do you live? Oh and did you make that pond or is it natural it looks wonderful.

4. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    they are too cute - it looks like you have about 10 to many - you can send the rest to me [​IMG]

5. Lea Rx Queen

Lea Rx Queen Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2011
    Oh my! They are gorgeous!
    You must be so proud [​IMG]

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow, what a hatch! They're downright adorable! What a good mama, taking care of all those babies. [​IMG]

7. leoismydog

leoismydog Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    Momma is almost pure white, There primarly the wifes and i thought they were suposed to be all white like that?
    The pond has been a work in progress we started last summer and stopped when winter hit. Its about 30 x 15 and chest deep at the deep end. There still plans for a water fall and bog but, the people have been breeding [​IMG] also around here, and the wife is pregnant with our first [​IMG] so were taking a break on the major construction part of the water fall, but we well do the bog this summer.
    We been very suprised how well momma has been for her first go at raising babies, instinct is a wounderous thing. Shes clamed the whole pond and no other passer throughs have been allowed into her area. A set of wild duck were taking a look at the pond flying over the other day and she went nuts quacking and raising all kind of kane, so they wouyld go elseware.
    They are for sale if ya live near VA beach and want some let me know.

8. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Dang, i am in Missouri. That would be a little far to drive. [​IMG] I wish i lived closer i would take some. [​IMG] I wish i had the time and money to do a pond that big. Did you use liner in the bottom?

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    They're adorable!

10. shantibirdy

shantibirdy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2010
    What beautiful babies and such a good mama! I'd take some if I were closer!

Love that pond, too. We really need one for our flock since the kiddie pool gets dirty so fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by