1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

im over waiting...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by beach livin', Nov 17, 2011.

1. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    and ready to throw them in the pot [​IMG]

they better start earning their keep soon....

2. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Awww give them time they will return your kindness soon with yummy eggs.

3. cluck-darth-peep

cluck-darth-peep Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    upper ohio
    I agree with Hispoptart. The wait is horrible. I bought mine as day olds so it has been a long wait. My 21 week 3 day old RIR laid her first egg 6:30am. [​IMG] Please hang in there, it is worth the wait.

4. TheOldHen

TheOldHen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Green Bay,WI
    OH I know that feeling and still doing it. Have my first ever hens and they are going on 23 weeks. Got them when they were a 2 days old. One had her first egg a few weeks ago, yesterday the second one had an egg. The other two don't even seem interested!!! I talked to them and informed them that there is nothing wrong with "chicken" instead of they cousin the "turkey" for Thanksgiving!! Thought maybe put as little fear in them might work!! But so far they aren't listening to me!! [​IMG]

5. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    My oldest laid an egg Sunday....none since...what a tease!!! lol Best of luck!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by