i'm pissed...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by heather112588, Feb 7, 2011.

1. heather112588

heather112588 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    i'm sorry but i need to vent right now. I have 6 chickens and live in 40 acres of woods. We (my family) expected predators and planned as such...they only free range if someone is home and has grabbing distance of our gun. We have had past drama with raccoons (which i would trap and kill) and foxes (just killed one last week). Today while i was at work, our chickens were on our front porch sunbathing and my dad was home. The fox came up on our front porch and took 2 of my girls (lady and patience)! The others were missing feathers...i'm glad i have a roo...meanwhile the dog did nothing! I raised them from chicks and i'm ticked...i'm close to going home and putting a bullet in that dogs head! They were pets, not livestock and close to us. My dad got a shot in the foxes rear but not enough to stop it. Meanwhile i'm at work for another hour at least and can't concentrate...im shaking!

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    WOW sorry for your loss [​IMG]

sounds like ya got a nice big place,mabe get some dogs, belive me they do help,i have 6 and no losses ,just guineas to owls sometimes but they deture that most of the time also.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] sorry for your losses.

4. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    same problem here... dog...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by