I'm posting alot of topics...

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
My first time raising baby chicks, I still have a lot of questions.
Okay so when I got my baby chicks, my little roo (about 1 1/2 week old) always had a pasty butt, and I always got it cleaned. But now every time he tries to poop he always kinda cackles louder than normal. I always check his booty/vent when he poops and there is nothing there, it comes out fine..
What could be causing this & is it normal? He walks around/sleeps/ and everything fine.

I have a little BR roo who had a horrible time when he pooped, for at least two weeks. He would chirp in pain, and then when he passed it, he would peck the poop off his own vent. I watched him very carefully; he was always able to pass excrement, so I knew he wasn't blocked up, but I believed he had some sort of obstruction for a while. Not total, as excrement would pass. He really strained and I worried about him all the time.

He was almost four weeks old before he stopped crying when pooping. Now he's just normal. Well, if a little clingy to the other chick with which he brooded; they're both outside now in a grow out coop. He also is smaller than normal, so maybe he wasn't getting really good nutrition during that rough time.

Well my little RIR roo (the one that is doing it) always eats! My BR roo, came with the other chicks and also the other roo, isn't doing it.
I'm kinda worried about him though. I guess I will just have to monitor him for a while..

Back
Top Bottom