Im pretty sure this is a hen but idk what kind she is, anybody ??

BigBirdHatcher

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
Odessa
111688_photo11.jpg

111688_photo15.jpg

111688_photo1.jpg

111688_photo12.jpg

111688_photo13.jpg

111688_photo14.jpg

111688_photo16.jpg

111688_photo27.jpg

She is very wild and doesnt like people or to be caught and she is very hard to catch and very very fast.
Shes very pretty and has lots of color.
Im thinking she is some kind of game chicken ??
I do not know if her comb and wattles were cut off or if she is naturally like that, this is how she was when i got her.
I do not know how old she is either but im thinking she is younge possible less then a year old.
I think she weighs around 4 lbs or so.
Any body have any ideas ??

Wow that was fast lol
I would very much hope so because i have been wanting some silvers for a while.
I have some golds.
But I dont think that is what she is.
She has a very dark ring color around her neck and on the back of her neck is yellow (alot more noticeable then in the pics)
And also under her on her stomach is white

Yes mam, I agree with you on the being a OEG.
But I am puzzled as to what kind.
She doesnt look like my golds, and I dont think she is a silver.
In the top picture you cant tell as much because she is a little wet due to the morning mist, but her neck has deffinant yellow to it. And her back looks like my golds except with the yellowish color to it. and at the base of her neck is dark red but then lightens quickly and goes to white and the white makes up the majority of her chest and under side. And the redish color runs down her sides.
I wish I could get a front picture of her but she doesnt like being around people for some reason so she is always turned away.

Last edited:
Yes her back and the start of her chest almost match these but then her belly turns to white ??
Maybe she is a cross you think ??

Well if that is the case then it doesnt bother me.
I dont breed for show, I just like them.
I only got her because I liked her color and my rooster needed another lady.
It does kind of bother me that I dont know what she is although it isnt really inportant to me, id still like her no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom