1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm puzzled by hardboiled egg recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Linda in San Diego, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    I have noticed recipes like the pickled egg recipes, in that thread Deviled Eggs were mentioned.
    Yet I already know that fresh eggs from my hens will be nearly impossible to peel.
    Is there a secret I am missing? I love deviled eggs and we will have made another full dozen by the end of today. Can any one help me with creating nice looking hardboiled eggs from these eggs, the oldest are just 1 week and the newest are from today. They are refriderated.

[​IMG]

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    The salt trick really is helpful, I tried it with my fresh eggs and it did seem to help..pour in about a half a cup with the boiling water then of course when they are done immediately switch out the hot water for cold. The fresher eggs are a major pain to peel but this does seem to help a bit. Good luck [​IMG]

3. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    thanks, that worked very well. I tested it out on 6 of my "oldest" eggs, they are from the beginning of last week. Today, by noon we have gotten 6 eggs from the Delightful Dozen, so I really needed this to work!

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    That is an official BYC tip!! Straight from one member's mouth to another, lol!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by