1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm quoted in Syracuse Post Standard Article today + Interesting story

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by woodmort, Mar 4, 2012.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    He also used a couple of my photos.

http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2012/03/squirrels.html

Now the story: A couple of weeks ago David Fugura asked in his Sunday Column if anyone had squirrel/birdfeeder stories so I sent mine in with the photos. A few days later I get a text from my younger daughter asking me if I sent an article to the Post Standard about our squirrel feeder. Thinking it had been printed and she'd seen a copy (I live outside their circulation area and just get the Sunday edition only.) I asked her to save me a copy. "Oh no" she said. "I'm talking to David Fugura."

She was at a birthday party for the son of a mutual friend and she and David got talking about bird feeders which led to squirrels and how he was doing an article on how people combated them. My DD told about how she gave her Dad a feeder that gave shocks and went on about how it worked and problems I had. As she when into the story and mentioned these things David said "I have an article from a reader that says the same thing." then "That's what this guy said." Finally DD asked "Where is this guy from?" At that point they realized they were talking about the same guy.

Thing is DD lives over an hour from me and had never really met Fugura before. Just goes to show you--it is a small, small world.

2. un-named543

un-named543 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2012
    SE Minnesota
    Lol!

3. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Lol .!

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps