I'm really sad.- Found her! Pic. pg 2

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 Days ago one of my friens got into a car accident and died... and now THIS:

Last night I went to go put my girls in the coop and my favorite chicken, Carmen (Blue Light Brown Dutch showbird who got 2nd place in the finals...) wasn't there. She likes ot hide on top of the window and stuff, but still no Carmen.
    It's been a whole day- and no Carmen. It got really cold last night too. I've looked EVERYWHERE- even had my brother's friends come and help. I'm so sad... I don't know where to look.
    I'm about to cry, I love her and I hope she didn't die.

On the brightside I got my record of most eggs in a day- 10..
    Please pry for Carmen... I just could not live without my little talkable, friendly showbird.

I found her! That broody little angel...! She came out of no where and had been gone for 24 hours in the 40 degree temperature. Turns out she had 8 eggs in the spare hay, including an EE egg! (What in the world?) Thanks everyone [​IMG]. I'll keep you updated on the highness

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am so sorry you lost your friend and that your hen is missing. I am praying for her safe return. Hang in there and don't give up. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] I am so sorry.

4. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Thanks [​IMG]

I guess I'll go look again... maybe she is brooding in the wood?

5. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    She might be. I just looked them up and they have a tendency for going broody, so give her about a month to get back (provided you have a rooster,) but keep looking. I hope you find her soon! [​IMG]

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Oh, I am SO sorry!! [​IMG] I'll pray for you, and I hope you will find her [​IMG]

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Oh im soo sorry! Im praying for you and Carmen! [​IMG]

8. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Ohhh, that's so hard, losing your friend and worrying about a beloved pet on top of it. Praying for you and your chicken.

9. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Alright, after many MANY hours of searching I checked the last place of everywhere...
    The locked wood place.
    I was saying her name a lot, looking under the wood and to my luck I found Carmen eggs!
    There were 8 eggs.

And I felt them after going under all the wood... they were WARM! That means some animal, probably Carmen was there. I screamed my twin's name and he came running to help me look. We had to throw out the eggs because they were bad, but Carmen was in the coop!!!!!!!!
    I took her inside becuase she felt cold and she was sneezing a little. After she was all warmed up (she drank for about 10 minutes and ate) I put her outside. [​IMG] ! I'm so happy! Then she went back to that spot and I put the girls in, a happy 14 count.
    Thanks so much guys [​IMG].

10. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so glad you found her!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by