I'm roflmao

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tuesdays chicks, Oct 29, 2010.

1. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    well I was soooo worried none of these eggs would hatch with all of the abuse they went through, 1st being sent in the mail, then some being put under a broody and some in bator, then all being put under the 2 broody, then some going back into bator because 1st broody got up and 1 bantam siting 8 large eggs, and then on day 20 1 egg pushed out and cold put into bator its day 21 and only 1 egg yet to hatch.
    I thought chicken eggs were so sensitive everyone panicking about temp and humidity, making me worry about it, the best thing I did was decide these eggs didn't have a chance of hatching, just setting the temp and humidity and going away for the day and leaving them to it, all 3 eggs left under broody hatched heres pics
    and I have 4 more miracles of life in the incubator 1 unpipped egg as of now today is day 21 and most hatched yesterday or this am.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Hooray!! You need to give kudos to the sender of the eggs, because that speaks to the nutrition their birds have built into those eggs!

Congrats!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. LadyinRed

LadyinRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Aww! Cute! Congratulation on your babies!!!
  4. growinupinfl

growinupinfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I'm hoping mine will be so lucky... with it being a first hatch... we have had some boo boo's so to say...LOL Good thing we are practicing with just eggs from the back yard that are not rare or expensive... If some hatch I will be tickled to death... Ah we will see..

5. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Quote:I think as long as the eggs are fertile and healthy it really isn't as difficult as everyone seems to make out, and remember to try and leave them all in there till all hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by