I'm sad. Hubby said "You crow... you go!"

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Buugette, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I had to rehome my rooster Louie because I can't keep him where we live. I put him up on Craigs List and he was taken by what seems like a nice man with a few hens needing a rooster. He will be an only rooster, which makes me feel better since I think he would get picked on if he were with others. He is a momma's boy. I had him spoiled rotten.

I know I did right by Louie, but my heart is broken. This is Louie... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    [​IMG]

3. muell112

muell112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Bangor, ME
    Aw he's a pretty boy. I am sure he will be very happy doing what he does best - crowing and being with his hens.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwww [​IMG] He's beautiful. I'm in the same boat as you, here. I hatched out some eggs, and I've got 2 cockerels. Hubby says that when the weather gets cooler, and people open up their windows they will be able to hear them crow. They stay inside with me, they are silkies as well. So, maybe when our fair somes next month, I can find them good homes like you did. [​IMG]

5. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    b.hromada :

Awwwwww [​IMG] He's beautiful. I'm in the same boat as you, here. I hatched out some eggs, and I've got 2 cockerels. Hubby says that when the weather gets cooler, and people open up their windows they will be able to hear them crow. They stay inside with me, they are silkies as well. So, maybe when our fair somes next month, I can find them good homes like you did. [​IMG]

Yea, I kept him inside with me most of the time. I even had him diaper trained... I just loved spending time with him. He used to sit on my lap and watch TV, he would put his head on my chest and close his eyes. But I know he needs to be a rooster and should be able to do his thing. I didn't keep him with my hens cause he was always trying to mate with them and they would scream and run. After I seperated them, he would sit in the window and stare at the hens in the coop and run, then he would come over and jump up on my lap.

I will miss him. Now it is time to spoil my hens.

Good luck re-homing your boys.

D​

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  6. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    well years ago my husband did worse than that. He had this stupid scrawny Danish brown leghorn rooster and I had a gorgeous RIR and the eggs started being eaten, so he comes up with the idea that each roo thought the eggs were fertilized by the other roo and I told him that was crazy talk because chickens aren't that smart, but he said one of them had to go, so I said,"fine. Kill the leghorn." and he refused.
    Well one day without telling me anything, he was cleaning his 20guage and fired it from the front door........didn't even get out of the house. Scared the %^[email protected] out of me. And then I see my rooster jumping all over the place and my clay flower pot is shattered. Apparently the pot was behind the rooster. I started screaming,"You killed my rooster...why did you kill my rooster?!!" He said one of them had to go, so I told him he should have killed his stupid rooster. So he said that one had to go and he killed mine and to get rid of it because he had to go to work, goodbye, see ya later. And off he went.
    So I pulled it out from under the house, which is where he jumped to and started plucking, saying to my invisible husband......you killed my rooster, but you are going to eat him!!! And I fed it to him 4 days later, marinated in oriental seasonings. After he helped himself to the 4th piece his stupid rooster came up on the top step and I said,"I can't stand you and I'll tell you another thing....I wish it was you he was eating instead of my rooster!!!" and he stopped eating and looked at me and said,"you didn't." and I told him that I most certainly did and asked if he wanted to see where I put the feathers. Then he tried to say that he knew the whole time.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I bet he didn't flinch after he ate your rooster!

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I think I would be adding one rooster and minus one husband. That was cruel. [​IMG]

9. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    Well my mom and dad-n-law told him he shouldn't have killed my rooster, but they didn't know I planned on feeding it to him and when they found out they nearly choked from laughing.
    Much later dad-n-law was helping him with something outside and the dog was aggrevating him and he said,'I'm gonna kill that dog," and his dad said,"Better watch it; she might feed it to you."
    '

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Now THAT's a good one!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by