I'm scared my cat might die

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by texaschickmama, Dec 16, 2007.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Roxy, our 7 month old cat, is sick. It started yesterday when she was throwing up. She just laid around and did not get up to eat or drink that I saw. Well, today it is more of the same. I made her a nice little bed so the kids would leave her alone and she is throwing up a little and just laying there. Now, I can't find her at all. That is not like her because she is always around us. I'm scared and my little boy is upset and won't go to sleep because we can't find the cat. I hope she is just somewhere hiding and getting some rest and will be back to herself tomorrow. I did see her go teetee earlier, so I guess that is a good sign. I'm worried that I can't find her though. [​IMG] Here is a pic of her and my son.
    [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Why dont you take her to the vet tonight? I had to go the the vet ER today in the middle of the big storm because my dog was having allergy attacks. I thought she was going to die in my arms. You gotta get things checked out. Its usually fixable. Good luck, i hope the cat is ok........its a beautiful cat!!!!

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I seriously can't find her to take her to the vet. I have looked under every bed, the couches, the recliner, the loveseat, the closets, I don't know what to do. I call her kitty, kitty, kitty, and she usually meows to me back, but nothing. She has never been outside, so I know she is in here somewhere.

4. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    When you find her, feed her some boiled chicken and rice to settle her stomach. She is holed up some where, when cats don't feel good they are like us and just want to be left alone, she'll come out when she feels better. Good luck and keep us updated.

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry to hear this.........I had a cat hide out for near a week when she was ill....I just knew she had died....she was an outside cat though....... its amazing how they can hide when they want to........ hope she pops back up like mine did...... and hope your son can get some rest.......

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    i had a friend who had a duck who was attacked and for sure died. they couldn't find it. two months later it walked out from under their house one day. guess it had been taking care of it self. hopefully your cat is just holed up.

7. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Usually cats will go away when they are sick and take car of themselves. If you do find her try and get some liquids into her. Cats dehydrate really quickly and its hard to bring them out. Good luck and I hope she's ok.

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    how is she? I lost my rare calico himalayen 2 weeks ago. I saw a stray one yesterday I will try to catch to see if she has any disease and take him/her to the vet. It looks healthy butIwant to take every precaution

9. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh My, this is really sad for you and your little boy.
    I do hope she is fine, I wonder what is wrong, I do hope it is nothing serious. She is only young so should be able to kick this ailment with vigour.
    Please let us know how she is.
    Prayers to all of you.

10. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    sorry to hear that she is missing. i hope you find her soon. don't give up hope. my Dh's cat went missing (before we got married), she was an outdoor cat, but she always came home every night, she was M.I.A. for over 10 days. i had gone to every shelter in town looking for her but no luck. then one afternoon he was on the phone with me and i said 'have you found her? ' he said 'no, i walk around everywhere going 'kitty kittykitty' but no. well as soon as he said that, he heard her cry. she was holed up under the deck. she had a broken pelvis and had no food or water for 10 days. but she is FINE. she's with us now, and this is 4 years later.

keep looking and praying to find her, and she'll turn up. i hope she bounces back.

best of luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by