I'm shocked... Our church burned down.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Malibu99, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    :( 3:00 AM, and the church is on fire. Tons of firefighters, church members, and other people. Despite their best efforts, the church is completely gone. We believe mice chewed through an electrical cord. This is shocking and saddening.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Chiramc

Chiramc Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2012
    You feel like you lost a friend and a family member. Remember, it's just a building. The people are the church. The church lives in it's people, not in it's structure; you will rebuild and make NEW memories. Prayers for you all!

2 people like this.
  3. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

perhaps renting a school gym or another church between their service times is in order for a short time stop gap for your church home, also I know on 2 congregations that had shared the same facility and merged congregations and loved it.

4. 3 NH reds

3 NH reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    What town are you in? Our church burned down before , Our church burned down once in 1847 and in 1995 it had heavy fire damage due to electric heat. Anytime this kind if tragedy hits it hurts.

5. Malibu99

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Yep, that's what we're doing now. We're in the process of finding a place- hopefully soon. It's good to know it worked out. Thanks.

Thanks. [​IMG]

I'd rather not give out my town (I tend to be extra-cautious). But that's sad that yours burned down too, 3 NH Reds.

t's hard to believe it went from this
    [​IMG]

To this

[​IMG]

In a matter of minutes. [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Horrifying. Take comfort nobody was hurt in the fire.

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Its pretty easy to find what town it is, a simple Google search shows it. Really a shame this happened, but Im sure it will be rebuilt soon.

8. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Very well said!!

9. Malibu99

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Thanks everyone. Here is the church after the fire was put out.

[​IMG]

Multiple churches have offered their buildings, so it looks like it'll all come together soon. They're re-doing the building soon, which I am thankful for. Apparently firefighters from surrounding towns all came to help, and the red cross is there providing warmth for the firefighters who were there in the freezing cold at 3:00 in the morning. Thanks again for the support.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    So very, very sad. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by