I'm sick of this cold weather...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ticks, Jan 16, 2009.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    This morning it was -25 F with the sun up, and -5-0 F during the day, atleast tomorrow will be warm, about 9 degrees. T-shirt weather. [​IMG]

2. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    why does everyone ut me hate cold weather?

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:It might be because you're in sunny Houston? [​IMG]

As long as the sun is shining, I can deal with the cold. But if it's a cold, rainy day? Might as well send me back to bed! [​IMG]

4. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:It was -30 here. Brrrr. I don't mind it. Back in the day I used to haul crab traps in it when I was 17-23. Being on the water at those temps is brutal.

We have only a woodstove for heat. It really is the best way for us to heat. Has it's perks. I do hope we get some warmer weather soon. My electric bill will go up from the chickens. I am running two heat lamps in the coop. It'll probably go from 30.00 to 60.00. [​IMG] Looking forward to the spring. Not long now.....wishful thinking!![​IMG]
    Priscilla

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  5. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll join you on the sickness bandwagon. I'm ready to migrate south.

6. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    South isn't much better right now, it's up to 23 today in Alabama. That is usually our low and then it doesn't happen often. BBBRRRRR

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    hey ticks....go get your hand wet and go touch something outside that's metal...i dare ya.

i have a chicken in a cage on the porch and I was bringing him fresh water...my hand was a little wet and it stuck to the cage.

and i was bare foot.

that's called...livin on the edge.....

me,
    g

8. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:When I was 6 we lived in Fairbanks, Alaska. My mom picked me up after school and we went to the daycare to get my little brother. As we walked by a candy cane painted steel pole... Oh yeah I did!! Stuck my tongue to it. The was 47 years ago and I still hate to have my hand stuck to anything frozen.

I can't watch the scene in A Christmas Story when he sticks his tongue to the pole. Bad memories...

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I did it when i was a teen...i was bringing in groceries and had my hands full and i put my tongue to the door bell to ring it....made me bleed because i pulled away...i remember it like it was yesterday....

me,
    g

10. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:gee [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by