I'm sitting here with chicken poo....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 5, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    on the knee of my PJs. Went out to check on my broody hens this morning, thought the spot on the shavings was clean before I kneeled down. I was wrong. [​IMG]

I don't want to go into the bedroom to change and risk waking up DH because I know he's extra tired.

Oh well, it's not the worst thing I've ever had on my clothes. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Ok, that's gross...

3. uncle rico

uncle rico Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    hope its not broody poop [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Yep have had that happen, Also getting ready to go clean clothes on. Have to go get eggs. Yep end up with chicken poop on the knee of my jeans. [​IMG] bad thing last clean pair of jeans. Oh well grab a baby wipe and clean it off. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    hehe.....You're not a chicken lover until you've had poop on your knees! Now, I haven't had them on my PJs yet..........I was just thinking yesterday, when I was outside doing the chicken chores.....Watering, feeding, and I had my kitty litter scoop and I was doing a little spot cleaning inside my coop....And I put my hand directly into some poop by accident....whiped it on my pants, and moved onto the next chore.......I thought...."Chicken poop on my hand....Oh well......"

There was a time when I would have been horrified by that........not anymore.....[​IMG]

6. I almost fell face-first in some chicken poo... while chasing my bad cockerel. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I know what you mean. I can take it a little farther. I have been doing some cleaning out of pens and had to run to the store and just jump in the car and go. But I live in a farming town and it's perfectly natural for somebody to come thru the store or gas station smelling like livestock or filthy dirty from working on the farm. Nobody notices around here. Just yesterday I had to make a quick run to the store becaue we where out of Coke and DH came home to no Coke. I had been hosing out one of the pens and off I went. Muddy boots and all. Got his Coke and went back out to continue what I was doing.

My grandson is the one that crawls in the lower pens to get chickens I want to move and it doesn't faze him at all. He's a little farmer boy. He gets right in there with cleaning out the pens that I can't get into. Last week one of his cousins was over and I had him go and get some chickens to move and his cousin was all grossed out becaue my grandson had chicken poop on his knees and hands. My grandson told him thats what soap and water is for. [​IMG]

8. shellz131

shellz131 Sams Memory Lane

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Better chicken poo than cow poo as far as I'm concerned.

The other day I had to chase my hens away from a pile of dog poo they'd found (and were enjoying) [​IMG] When I told DH about it, he put a different spin on it....

The cows eat the chicken poo (mixed with shavings), the chickens eat the cow poo, the dogs eat the chicken poo, the chickens eat the dog poo....

It's the circle of life! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by