I'm SO ANGRY!!!

I completely understand what you are going through!!! My mother in law hated the fact that her baby boy was getting married to me. We were 19 and 18 at the time and all any one could see how young we were. We have been married 12 years now! She has done everything she can to hurt me and cut me down and show me that I'm not good enough for her son. She told my husband in front of me and she does not want him to get a vescetomy(we have 4 kids) because she's affraid, I'll die or we'll get a divorce and he might want more kids with another women. WTH! I was ticked, and that's just one story...I have many! I won't even get into when she was trying to find me a job.(that about had be over the edge) You know what I try to do is I live my life the way I want to with my family and she can say all the mean things in the world because my husband and I love eachother and I know she's not gonna break us apart, I let her say her ignorant comments and go on with my life. She looks like the fool, not me! As far as your daughter is concerned--shame on your MIL!! she's the one missing out on being apart of sweet little girls life. I'm sure she has many many other's that love her focus on that part. Good luck too you, if you need to talk pm me anytime. Take care:)

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry for all of you having to endure bad MILs. I had a wonderful MIL. Cancer took her 11-1/2 years ago
hit.gif
so she was only my MIL for 7 short years, but she is my role model when it comes to what I want to be as a MIL.

Do these women not realize how selfish they are?
smack.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
my ex-mil was that way. ex-hubby was kinda a loser, he had twin boys that are 2 yrs older than my boys, who he never saw and evaided child support on. So she was always mad at him for that. I thought that hey, she has to like me for making him honest, right!? NOOOO I had guns brandished at me, she told him in front of me that she hated me and I was not welcome at her house, and she refused to babysit our kids becuase the other two were already enough work. She wouldnt call DS#1 by his name "Lars" because it is a "Nazi" name and her great grandfather supposedly got shot by a Nazi in the War...(which no one was ever able to prove to me cause they were all afraid of her)

My MIL now I like almost better than my own mother...

Quote:
Agreed. There are some people who come into your life that just need to be cut off. Let her go.

ep.gif
..WOW y'all that is all I can say. Y'all really have some doozies of MIL's out there. All my inlaws are wonderful good Christian people who welcomed my DS and I into their family with open arms. Not one person has been rude to us. I truly consider that a blessing. My ex his mom on the other hand a moron...well to think of it most of his family is. We had my DS when we were both young. Grant it I was young.... but not clueless. They did'nt think I was capable of caring for my son...I was...it was their son (my ex) that was not capable of caring or teaching our son ANYthing and of course does not pay any support either for DS (that's why he is currently in jail
tongue.gif
) Anyway I would let my ex's grandmother keep my son while I worked cause I didn't want him staying with his dad (yes when we were together) cause he would just try to find anyone to watch him while I worked anyway
somad.gif
. So they assumed... even though my DS at the time loved staying with her .....that I was not a good mother. Anyway....I left their non working, lazy, strip club lovin', moron of a son
wee.gif
. I started dating my DH and my DS didn't want to visit grandma anymore, he did visit occasionally and one day she bad mouthed me in front of DH and DS ...OH
ep.gif
and DH set her straight ( I didn't even get a chance too). Needless to say they soon found out by them not being around my DS and what a good kid he is and actually not butting in our life that I actually am a good mom
tongue.gif
. Oh and see that goes to show you "YES" my DS knows they are all morons and no I did not bad mouth them he totally realized that one on his own.
thumbsup.gif
. Now my ex's family talk about what a good mother I am and how thankful they are for my DH...and what a piece of blah their son is
idunno.gif
....I don't care what they think ...never did...never will...but I do stay civil with them and will let my DS visit but only if he wants to, I have never made him. He usually declines to visit them, even at Christmas. They will not give him any gifts if he does not come only if he joins them. But DS knows that and still dosen't care to visit them.

She sounds lie the kind of person to never let you forget that she "helped" you with something. So now you don't "owe" her for the rest of your life. That's priceless!

thumbsup.gif

(Coloradans is so smart!
big_smile.png
)

Now...for the revenge part. Be kind to the little brother and his child bride. Be helpful and supportive. Be friendly and foster a good relationship between your cute little munchkin and their cute little munchkin. A healthy, close relationship between cousins is a very good thing.

All this healthy relating and happiness will drive that evil bat completely off the deep end.

Enjoy.​

as a mil I just don't understand this. I have raised my children to make their own choices some have been good some not. My job is to support them and if things don't work out not to say I told you so. Personally I don't care for my daughters husband(he is always right) but he loves my daughter works hard to support his family and is just wonderful with their new daughter. So I keep my feelings to myself, welcome him into my home and try to spend time getting to know him better. Who knows maybe I am the one who thinks she is always right
big_smile.png
Anyway I am sure he is going to be around for a long time so I need to accept him. As for not paying attention to your grandchildren? Well I would just like to slap those women what is more wonderfull than a child? Any kids out there not being paid attention to just give them a big grandma hug from me.

I've debated on whether or not I should post on this thread... Eventually I decided that my opinion was just too good to be wasted on just myself. [Insert a thick load of sarcasm!]

In all honesty -- who cares what his brother and his soon-to-be [and, more than likely, future ex-] wife get? You and your husband are "very happy[ily]"married. You have a beautiful daughter. You live far enough out-of-the-way that you don't have to be around the woman more than once a year. You are not indebted to her in any way, shape, or form. You got out ahead!

Regarding the big wedding, you stated "...but that wasn't why I married hubby so we eloped... " So again, who cares what the brother is getting? You cannot compare yourself, your husbadn, or your relationship to that of anyone else. It does absolutely no good.

But smile, be joyous... You got out ahead!

P.S. I have crazy in-laws, so I feel your pain!
hugs.gif

I'm sorry for all of you that have/had lousy MILs.

I'm from the rare group that had a very nice MIL.
smile.png
She died way too young at 67.

Back
Top Bottom