1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm so disappointed that Ideal's website is down...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kelly G, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I'm home sick, and shopping for chicks would definitely make me feel a lot better! I hope they're up soon *sigh*.

I am itching for a white crested black Polish this year!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Wow, it is still down?? Yesterday, I was gonna get some chicks thru them and it was down then....

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    It'll be up and running I'm sure, Polish are the most funny looking birds [​IMG] Are you going to go for hens or roo's?

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Awwww, I tried yesterday and it was down too. I need more Guineas darnit! [​IMG]

5. Kelly G

ChickenLittle: Yes, I had that same experience yesterday, too. I thought, for sure, it would be back up today...disappointing.

Bantimna: I really just want pullets, and I think I'm going to get bantams this time (I already have a variety of 30 standards that I love).

The problem is that the only company that offers sexed Polish bantams is MyPetChicken...and then you pay $10 + shipping for each bantam pullet! So I figured I'd order 12 straight run bantams from Ideal and give away any roos. I think I also want to order some "Easter Egger" bantams (they call them Ameraucanas on the website - but I don't want to open that can of worms here!), so I was going to do the same thing: order a dozen straight run and give away any roos.

...so here I sit with my box of kleenex, Tylenol Cold medicine, my debit card...and an un-cooperative website. *sigh*.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  6. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Quote:[​IMG] That is just a sad picture! [​IMG]

7. Kelly G

Thanks! I needed that [​IMG] I don't get sick often...but when I do, I tend to throw quite the pity party for myself.

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa

Thanks! I needed that [​IMG] I don't get sick often...but when I do, I tend to throw quite the pity party for myself.

Same here [​IMG] more hugs needed?

9. ClairedeLune

ClairedeLune Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Quote:Thanks! I needed that [​IMG] I don't get sick often...but when I do, I tend to throw quite the pity party for myself.

You guys are funny! [​IMG]

10. Kelly G

Quote:Thanks! I needed that [​IMG] I don't get sick often...but when I do, I tend to throw quite the pity party for myself.

They are ALWAYS welcome! I got a hug from Fjord, too [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by