I'm so EGG-cited!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HEN-tabulous, Aug 24, 2014.

1. HEN-tabulous

HEN-tabulous Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Sorry for the cheesy intro! But, I just wanted to share that one of my RIR pullets laid her first egg and it was in the nesting box. I added some plastic Easter eggs to the boxes about two weeks ago. My Rhodebarr has been laying one every other day consistently. I'm so excited that one of my young girls has figured out where and when to lay her eggs. On a sidenote, we have been doing a supervised free range for the last three days with no issues. No questions from me, just wanted to state my excitement to a group of chicken lovers!

2. Renee572

Renee572 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Yay for first eggs and in the nest box. My BA has yet to figure out the nest boxes after 3 weeks of laying. I'm hoping my other 4 will use them and convince the BA! :/

1 person likes this.
  3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Congrats on the first egg! It is exiting, I know. I can still remember getting my first, I yelled so hard my DH thought something was wrong and came running to help [​IMG]

@Renee572 put a fake egg or a golf ball in the nest box. That usually does the trick.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  4. arkansas55

arkansas55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2014
    arkansas
    Congrat's on the 1st egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

5. Renee572

Renee572 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    tried that and many other suggestions, my girl just does not like the nest box. I'm waiting to see where the other 4 lay and if they follow her lead and lay in the corner then I will rethink my nest box situation but if she ends up being the only one laying in the corner then I'll be ok with that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by