I'M SO EGGCITED!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dumblond, Jul 9, 2007.

1. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    [​IMG]I GOT MY FIRST EGG TODAY!!!!! [​IMG]I CAME HOME FROM WORK AND THERE IT WAS. I BET THE NEIGHBORS THINK I LAID ONE MYSELF WITH ALL THE NOISE I MADE. I'M PRETTY SURE WHO LAID IT. HER NAME IS FRIED AND SHE HAS BEEN PRETTY CRANKY, HENCE THE NAME, AND TODAY SHE IS SO QUIET AND CONTENT. SHE WAS GIVEN A WHOLE STRING CHEESE STICK TO HERSELF.[​IMG] SHE IS A RED SEX LINK AND 17 WEEKS OLD. I'M HOPING SHE WILL SHOW THE OTHERS WHAT TO DO NOW.

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Well, well, well!!! Congratulations!!! I remember well the elation of finding that first egg. Are you going to fry it up or save it?!

Ellen

3. dumblond

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    I THINK I AM GOING TO SAVE IT. IT'S SOOOO CUTE.

[​IMG]

KELLI

4. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I just got my first the other day. Aren't you curious?? Gosh we couldn't wait to crack ours and I am glad we did...it was a double yoker!!
    Congrats on your first eggie!

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I find the first laid egg to be as exciting as the first hatched egg! Congrats!

6. mommahento5

mommahento5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    South East Indiana
    Yeah! Congrats! My red sex links just turned 15 weeks old....I can't wait for that first egg!

7. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    My black sex link layed her first saturday,she is 19 weeks:D
    Got another one today, but it was lighter in color i think it might have been one of my other hens!! I hope soo:cool:

I fried mine up,it was the best egg i have ever ate! the yolk had a very bright flavor.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  8. dumblond

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep it a little while longer (until I get the second). Then I'm ready for a broody. I wasn't going to get a rooster until my 94 year old neighbor asked when they were going to start crowing, after I told her I have all girls, because I was afraid to upset anyone with a noisey roo, she says, "I was waiting to her a rooster, I love to hear them." My other neighbors said the same thing.[​IMG] Who knew.

9. dumblond

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    Second one today, but it was so soft that it was broken before I got to it. [​IMG]
    Now to wait for the third.

10. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    What does going broody mean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by