dumblond

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Joplin, Missouri
yippiechickie.gif
I GOT MY FIRST EGG TODAY!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
I CAME HOME FROM WORK AND THERE IT WAS. I BET THE NEIGHBORS THINK I LAID ONE MYSELF WITH ALL THE NOISE I MADE. I'M PRETTY SURE WHO LAID IT. HER NAME IS FRIED AND SHE HAS BEEN PRETTY CRANKY, HENCE THE NAME, AND TODAY SHE IS SO QUIET AND CONTENT. SHE WAS GIVEN A WHOLE STRING CHEESE STICK TO HERSELF.
love.gif
SHE IS A RED SEX LINK AND 17 WEEKS OLD. I'M HOPING SHE WILL SHOW THE OTHERS WHAT TO DO NOW.

Well, well, well!!! Congratulations!!! I remember well the elation of finding that first egg. Are you going to fry it up or save it?!

Ellen

I just got my first the other day. Aren't you curious?? Gosh we couldn't wait to crack ours and I am glad we did...it was a double yoker!!
Congrats on your first eggie!

My black sex link layed her first saturday,she is 19 weeks:D
Got another one today, but it was lighter in color i think it might have been one of my other hens!! I hope soo:cool:

I fried mine up,it was the best egg i have ever ate! the yolk had a very bright flavor.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep it a little while longer (until I get the second). Then I'm ready for a broody. I wasn't going to get a rooster until my 94 year old neighbor asked when they were going to start crowing, after I told her I have all girls, because I was afraid to upset anyone with a noisey roo, she says, "I was waiting to her a rooster, I love to hear them." My other neighbors said the same thing.
th.gif
Who knew.

Back
Top Bottom