I'm so excited!! and I just can't help it!! LOL!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JaciesCoop, Feb 12, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    I ordered my babies today and I'm just praying that they will all get here safe. Ordered from ideal because I only orded 6 and they are coming from TX so hopefully they will make it safe.

I have already a buff, blue, black and silverpenciled standard cochins. Wanted more of the colors so ordered a golden lace, red, white and partridge and then I also ordered 2 black jersey giants just cause I wanted too! LOL!

Just keeping my fingers crossed that they all make it okay.

I had to tell them not to add any roos for warmth because I have no where to put them and no where to rehome them. I have a white leghorn roo already.

I've heard good and bad about Ideal so hopefully I'll have good results.

Just had to share my excitement! [​IMG]

Jacie [​IMG]

2. karen

karen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2007
    Easton,PA
    That is exciting! You have every right to use all of those exclamation points!!!!!
    It is like being a kid in a candy shop. Different colors, different personalities!
    I agree completely with you on the roo-boys. They look so beautiful in the cataolgues and online but they are SO quiet and SO still in the pictures!
    Wish you alot of fun and success and a warm spring!

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

ok- never done the "spring fever" bit. SO EVERYONE: How many r u getting?? your ONE Best fav breed, & From Who???

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Just warning you if you had an order
    under 15 they will include "Males for warmth"
    which means they are going to throw a whole buch
    of roo's in there.

5. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:

No, I talked to them on the phone and asked them specifically not to and they said they would not. I did insure them just in case. They won't do that if you ask them not too.
    I just don't have anyplace for them nor any way to rehome them.

Jacie

6. karen

karen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2007
    Easton,PA
    Wow Jersey Giants! That will shake up the yard! I just read they go about 10 pounds!
    They will be so much fun! good thing they will be hens- What I just read was the roosters get to be up to 13 pounds! One of them could herd my Corgis!

Keep us posted !

7. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Oh I love corgis! My sister used to have them. Along with our great danes!

I love big dogs, big cats and I guess I love big chickens! The jersey's will be fun to have I think.

Jacie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by