I'm so excited....and so disappointed all at once!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kelly G, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Saturday night I placed my order with MyPetChicken.com I wanted 8 Silver Laced Wyandottes and one White Crested, Black Polish hen. When I placed the order, the Polish hen didn't make is into my shopping cart and I didn't notice it until I got my confirmation email. I immediately sent a follow up email and requested them to make the addition to my order, and here is their response:

Hi Kelly!

Thanks for choosing My Pet Chicken! It is tricky to change an order once it has been submitted to the hatchery for delivery scheduling.
    Although it can sometimes be done, it can put you further back in the queue for baby chicks, because other orders are being scheduled all the time. There is also a $10 change order fee involved. Before we take this step, please confirm that you would like us to try to change your order. Let us know as soon as possible, so we can get working on the change right away!

Now, this is not their fault - it's completely mine, and they are so friendly and accomodating...I'm just disappointed - they look like such characters! Now, if I want them, I'll have to order a minimum of six - and I don't have enough room for that many chicks. And I just can't justify the additional expense - my husband has been so indulgent with all my animals!

Anyway, if anyone has a one White Crested Black Polish hen available for sale in central Florida...let me know [​IMG] On the other hand, I'm very excited to be getting my very first order of chicks!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

If I really wanted that chick I'd pay the $10 and be done with it. But that's just me.

3. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    well that stinks, i cant imagine it is that big of a deal you know.

4. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:YES , if it was only the $10.00 I'd do it too , BUT she would have to order a min. of 6 more chicks and she SAID , SHE DON'T HAVE THE ROOM FOR THAT MANY MORE .

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    that stinks,Ideal has changed my order twice with no charge.
    Im sorry your not getting your polish maby if you try the buy sell trade board or maby get a few hatching eggs.Check ebay or on here for hatching eggs.

If you dont ahve a incubator you can make one,they even show you how on here how to make one.

6. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    [​IMG]

The letter just says that changing her order "can put you further back in the queue for baby chicks, because other orders are being scheduled all the time." Then they want her to confirm she's okay with the change fee and possibly being behind the other people who have placed orders for (in this case) White Crested Black Polish chicks.

Nowhere in the letter does it say she has to order 6 more.

I think (!) she meant that if she wants them without possibly losing her place in line, she'd have to meet the minimum of six in another, separate order... and she was afraid her husband wouldn't go for it. [​IMG]

7. Kelly G

Hey, guys - thanks a bunch! If only it were just the $10...but it's more than that...I made an agreement with my husband (a school teacher) that I would use my money from Paypal (I sell stuff on Ebay for "mad money") to purchase the chickens and all the supplies they need...so I have a finite budget here, and no wiggle room. An agreement is an agreement. And, although he would never begrudge me anything, I do not want to take advantage of that. It's only $10 but here's what he's done for me just this year:

He bought me the worlds most beautiful Norwegian Fjord Horse - and two and a half acres to keep him on (hence the space for chickens) plus a beautiful cutback saddle, two bridles, endless bottles of fly spray, horse shampoo, hoof stuff, hay, blacksmith bills, vet bills - etc etc etc. He built me a 60' round pen and a larger arena (in our 90* heat) and now he's starting to build me a barn.

So, it really is more than the $10...

I guess I have a big fat case of PMS!!! And just venting about my stupidity!

PS Just so no one thinks I'm a slacker [​IMG] I work, too! I manage a fertility practice here in Tampa.

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:That's how I took it too, I would pay the $10 if I REALLY wanted it. [​IMG]
    Krista

9. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:YES , if it was only the $10.00 I'd do it too , BUT she would have to order a min. of 6 more chicks and she SAID , SHE DON'T HAVE THE ROOM FOR THAT MANY MORE .

I think you misread what she wrote. She had to pay $10 to change the order and add the one chick. Yes, Windy Ridge has it right.

10. Kelly G

Here's my Fjord, Siggy! After nearly 10 years of being horse-less he was a Christmas gift from my hubby.

[​IMG]

He is a blast to ride and drive!

Here he is in the round pen hubby built
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by