1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm so excited!:D

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kandy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Kandy

Kandy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Idaho
    [​IMG] I have 6 Bantams hens, 4 Bantam rooster's (various breeds, all 4 months old), and 1 Very fat RIR:). The first Bantam started laying tiny brown eggs about a week ago, and today there was a tiny white egg. They're so cute, they're about the size of a robin's egg. I can't wait till I can start selling them. Is $1 a dozen too much to ask? I just wanted to brag to somebody that I'm getting eggs. I hear they'll get bigger after about a month.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yeahhh! why not a buck! i'd give it a whirl! or start a little higher, you can always come down in price, but going up is a little tricky!

bless your nest![​IMG]

3. n2h20

n2h20 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Pasadena Ca
    i see $6 a dozen fot farm fresh organic eggs around here....

4. ChickensMcG

ChickensMcG Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  5. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    The little bantam eggs will get slightly bigger, too, as she gets more "experienced" at laying. We use 2 bantam eggs for 1 large egg. The little neighbor kids just love to collect them and they are the perfect size for their little hands!!

6. Kandy

Kandy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Idaho
    Quote:They're not organic. I don't want to go to all that trouble. They are free range. They get my whole front yard, and sometimes go in the back with my dogs, who ate my last chickens, but have been great with these. I think they just didn't realize that the last ones belonged here, because we'd just got them. Maybe I'll charge $2/doz. Like another poster said, it's easier to go down than up. I'll charge more next year when I have more big eggs. I want to find some large hatching eggs in the spring, because I'm sure I'll have at least 1 or 2 broody bantams.[​IMG]

7. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    How cool on the eggs.I have banties too that are almost 3m old so maybe i will see eggs soon?Wht kind do you have?Mine are mostly cochins and some mixed banties too

8. Kandy

Kandy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Idaho
    Quote:I have 2 Silver Seabright roo's and 2 hens, 1 Old English roo, and 2 hens, 1 Golden Seabright roo, 1 Blue Cochin hen, 1 White Cochin hen, and we just lost our Mottled Cochin hen. We have 1 2 year old RIR, and we replaced the Mottled Cochin with 1 Buff Orpington hen, and 1 pretty little black and red hen (I hope it's a hen). I think those 2 are 3 or 4 months old. Not quite sure.

9. Silly Chickens

Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I just had to say hi..I keep scanning the post and Kandy just pops out at me. That is my name and spelled the same way.

We got our first egg last week and that egg was fine...since then we have had nothing but soft shelled eggs 2 to 3 everyday. :eek:

well....anyway hello Kandy from Kandy!

10. Kandy

Kandy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Idaho
    Quote:You're the second Kandy I've met that spells her name right:). Nice to meet you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by