1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm so excited - egg orders FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by OHChick, Jan 28, 2008.

1. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    so when my chickens started laying eggs back in September, i printed up signs and hung them up at work, but had received no calls. for months. i was able to hook up with a friend of a friend who bought 20 doz for the farmer's market (they have a stall there) but after fall, that was over with. so i had resorted to donating my eggs to charity or giving them to friends or feeding them back to the chickens.

but in the last 2 days i have received calls for egg orders! yay! i'm so excited. i washed them and boxed them up, put on our farm labels and will be delivering them tomorrow.

i hope this starts a trend and i get more and more orders!! i hope ALL of us on this site get lots of orders and can make some moohlah off our chickies!! [​IMG]

2. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    congrats!!!

hopefully with word of mouth you'll be in big eggie business soon!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thats great!! From what I have experienced...it fluctuates, from one week to the other. 2 weeks ago, I had 22 dozen in the fridge....today, three are 3. They hens are still doing thier job as usual...buyers are not so easily counted on. I do have signs up at the feed store, and will be delivering a few dozen there tomorrow.
    Congrats on the orders!! Makes ya feel like all that work is worth it, when you can share the great bounty!

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Wow, I wish I had all those eggs. I've got so many people wanting eggs now, that I hardly let DH have any for breakfast. I can't keep up with the demand

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

YAY!

It is so true about customers. I'd rather have one dedicated customer than 12 who are all over the board and not reliable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by