I'm so excited! Had to share :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GardenGal, Sep 30, 2012.

1. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    It's taken since May, but our two flocks have finally merged into one!! Never thought I'd see them all eating treats out of the same bowl and stealing food from each other's beaks. Below are the new members of the flock. The older girls are off somewhere but you can see how happy the youngsters are :)

[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Cool! Mine are starting to get along too!

3. GardenGal

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Definitely added a crazy element to chicken ranging. Running interference like an over-worked ref! Congratulations on your flock integration! I'll have to check out your Pinterest page :)

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    msg me how to find u and I can add you to my Pinter followers too! : )

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    That's wonderful! I cant wait for my silkies to be grown and merged into our flock. I hope it will work out ok for them... [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's a beautiful picture! Congrats on the merger! [​IMG]

7. GardenGal

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Thanks!

Chickenfan, I've read that a number of people don't integrate silkies into their flocks, because they tend to get beat up. Hopefully they'll just take a little longer to work it out. Good luck!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by