I'm so excited I had to share

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by deedee28, Apr 17, 2016.

1. deedee28

deedee28 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2016
    I acquired two Aylesbury ducklings just over a week ago, they were terrified of us when we got them but myself, sister and my two boys have put loads of time and love into them, my oldest son more so as he's autistic and has formed a huge bond with the ducks,

Anyway up until last night they were still really wary of us BUT last night and this morning they allowed us to hand feed them, we are all so excited at this little breakthrough, I know it probably seems silly to you all but seeing my sons face while they hand fed was incredible [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. deedee28

Apr 8, 2016
    [​IMG]

Managed to get a sneaky photo [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Oh my goodness they are adorable and how sweet that bond is! I know how rewarding that process is too! Keep up the good work with those precious babies!

4. deedee28

Apr 8, 2016
    Thank you, they really are starting to trust us now, it's funny every time my sons walk down the stairs the ducks go mad, I can always tell when my 6 year old is sneaking down now as the ducks tell me haha xx

5. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I've found that often ducklings will follow you around more than chickens. I'm not familiar with the aylesbury breed. Will have to look them up.

6. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Lol, "Red alert he is exiting the building, I repeat exiting the building!" They are like the cutest thing ever! So fluffy! I want ducks but as of now we just have chickens, one time we acquired two untamed silkies who went from being uncatchable to sitting on our laps. It was amazing, so I know how excited you must be feeling!

7. deedee28

Apr 8, 2016

I desperately need to get them both diaper harnesses so they can have even more freedom in the house, I'd love to have them in the front room running round with us more [​IMG]

8. deedee28

Apr 8, 2016

They really are adorable, the fluffy stage is fab but they are starting to go white now so I think they will be getting their feathers soon x

9. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Aw! I got duck envy! Lol

10. deedee28

Apr 8, 2016

I can highly recommend this breed, they are so so comical, both have individual personalities, quackers hops from foot to foot every morning when I get up and daffy wags her tail at me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by