Im so excited...I just placed an order for Baby crested runners and a crested Khaki!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by heidihas2ducks, Mar 10, 2012.

1. heidihas2ducks

heidihas2ducks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I can't believe I just ordered my Baby Runners and like a kid in the grociery line...I impulse bought a crested Khaki Campbell! Now to see when they will arive! I ordered all females and in the after note on the orderform, it stated that if your order a small number of ducklings, they may add males in for warmth and comfort during shipping! So It will be interesting to see what kind and how many they end up adding in! Eeeeeek! It stated they dont identify the breed type of the added males! Oh My! Wish me luck, I will post an update when they arrive! So nervous now!

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Hope it all goes well! [​IMG]

3. jess5254

jess5254 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Maine
    Who did you oreder from? If you don't mind me asking?

4. country_girl011

country_girl011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    ohio

usually when they add males for warmth it is male chickens.
    not ducks.
    but maybe you will get lucky

5. heidihas2ducks

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Yeah...I talked to them this morning and they said I would get 10 male chickens! I almost peed myself...I opted for the insurance...I just hope my babies fair the trip!

6. heidihas2ducks

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Oh...and I ordered from Ideal in Texas. I'm quite nervous as I have never ordered from a shipping place so I hope they do okay and aren't traumatized by the scary trip...but its the only place that has the crested runners and khakis...

7. country_girl011

Aug 7, 2011
    ohio
    i ordered from ideal .
    and got my babies 2 weeks ago.
    2 geese with 10 packing peanuts.
    all faired well.

8. heidihas2ducks

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Omg...I love that you called them packing peanuts! I called them and they said that infact it would be boy chicks! I wouldn't know the first thing to do with them so I oppted for the insurance...I just hope they do alright...They are set to hatch out on the 26th. How long did it take for you to get your babies? I hate to think of them starting out in a dark scarey box...but hoping that they fall in love with me when they arrive. What are you going to do with your packing peanuts? Just curious!

9. country_girl011

Aug 7, 2011
    ohio
    my babies arrived safe and sound.
    shipped out tuesday and they arrived thursday . altho it said 1 day shipping so they may have went out wednesday morning. i recieved an email tuesday night.

and the packing peanuts i put on craigslist for free and they were gone within 3 days.

10. heidihas2ducks

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I just got my 5 new babies! All alive and doing well. I opted for the insurance, and they so far seem to be great! I can't believe how energetic they are! Haha! I will post pics soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by