I'm so excited - I've got the best Birthday present for my daughter!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sjisty, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    My daughter moved to Texas almost 3 years ago and for the first time she will not be able to come home for Christmas or her birthday (December 23). I came up with the best present for her!!!!!

First the boring part - I went on line and bought her a gift card for her favorite restaurant in Texas.

The fun part - I pulled out all my old boxes of keepsakes and was able to find about 20 Birthday cards from different members of our family to her when she was growing up. I have cards from her first birthday up until about her sixth from her favorite great-aunt who passed away this year, some from her grandparents (my parents), one of her aunts, a cousin, and some from me!

I also found pictures of her with her birthday cakes, from 1-year-old all the way up to sweet 16!

Also in the boxes were some of my favorite pieces of her school work over the years, pictures and essays and stuff.

I can't wait to go into town and find the perfect album or box! Happy 29th Birthday, Julie!

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    That's so wonderful! She will be surrounded by all the love of her family, even if they aren't there in person! Way to go mom, you rock!!

3. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I do rock, don't I? I'm going to make my only daughter cry on her birthday! [​IMG]

I'm sure I will be crying, too - I'm crying already! [​IMG]

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Just so good!!!! You are super cool. Mom![​IMG]

5. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    That is a cool present! And, my middle daughter's birthday is Dec 23! Steph is a year younger.

6. As a daughter who can't be home for all the holidays, I'd love it.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    She is a lucky girl with a wonderful mum!... fab fab present....

8. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I've been digging - I found her engraved baby spoon, her Brownie uniform and sash with all her badges, and a bunch of old report cards. I even found her first baby tooth! I am quite a pack rat and have boxes and boxes of memories. Now I'm looking for her first gold necklace. Every year on her birthday we would add a gold bead. I remember one bead had a dent in it from her biting it! It's got to be in one of these boxes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by