I'm so excited!! This is my first hatch!!(updated with PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tntstanifer, Apr 21, 2008.

1. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    I've got 2 of the cutest little Serama chicks [​IMG] that have just hatched this afternoon. [​IMG] They are still wet! I have another egg that appears to be zipping. I'm just hoping that my son can get home from school in time to see it hatch! I have 7 other eggs that aren't doing anything yet, but there's still hope, right? Today around noon was "technically" the start of Day 20. I will post pics later. Got to get back upstairs and check on them! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's my tiniest of the 3:
    [​IMG]

Wonder what color these will end up?
    [​IMG]

Such cuties!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. Grillmaster33

Grillmaster33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Triad, NC
    Congrats.

My first (and lone) egg should be hatching SOON.

3. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Quote:Oh I hope it does!! I've read about your "lone ranger"! I think it's great that you built that incubator like you did. Great teaching!! I know I'm addicted now!! [​IMG] Good luck!!

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations! I'm on day 3 of my first time.
    [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Did you son get home in time to see one hatch? I hope so!
    It really is exciting when they start hatching! Congrats!

6. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

good luck on the hatch....

frank

post pics......

7. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Quote:Cool! And you're the one using the electric skillet, right? Keep us updated on how that goes! I told my hubby about it tonight, and he said, you know what, I think we have two of those out in the garage. Then he started telling me about this food/hotdog warmer that he can get from work if I thought we could use that. hehehe......I have no clue if we can use it, I'm just excited that he's getting into this;)

8. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Quote:Actually, the 3rd one just zipped and hatched in the last hour, so yes, he watched the whole thing! He was amazed and kept saying "Watch this, you'll miss it, watch!" [​IMG]

9. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Quote:Oh Frank! We've got 3 babies! LOL And the 3rd one is soooooo tiny! Came from an egg marked "A". I just hope some of the others pip and hatch. How long should I give it? Thanks!

10. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm starting my first too. Finally got my temp and humidity stabalized. Puttin the eggs in tomorrow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by