I'm so happy for my kids...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYRIR, Jul 6, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    My twins are getting riding lessons now! They are so excited...and I am too....I have always wanted to get them lessons since we cannot house/afford a horse but I found a woman is doing a home-school group.We have to pay 10.00 a week per kid.We got 5 kids to join! That's doable [​IMG]
    Probably no one really cares but I was so happy for my DS and DD to get this opportunity...I never had it myself and have wanted to do this for them [​IMG]
    She even gives them "homework" assignments to teach them about horses do's and don'ts and behaviors etc...I thought that was cool [​IMG]

2. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Sounds great! I had lessons when I was a child and loved them!

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Sounds good. Also along those lines, some other places to get a "class rate" for homeschoolers is on swim lessons. Our lesson time is during the school year, while other kids are in class, the pool is happy to have the time spot filled, and the kids get more ime with the instructor.

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I am very happy for your kids, too. Maybe for a slightly different reason.

THey are blessed to have parents that care so much for them that you want to give them everything you can. The enthusiasm in your 'voice' is wonderful to see.

Yes, I am happy for your kids - they have the love of a great family.

(and the lessons will be so much fun for them, too!)

Keep up the great work.

5. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Thank you for the kind replies!
    Saddina...thank you...yes,they have weekly swim lessons and then after that is the riding lessons...they love Tuesdays [​IMG]

BorderKelpie...Thank you...yes, we do love them and want them to learn things that teach them good animal husbandry and respect for living creatures.Also I just think riding a horse must be soooo fun!Thank you for your kind words [​IMG]

Sjisty...Do you still ride?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by