I'm so happy! I got two new wonderful hens! *Updates with pics!*

StarLover21

Songster
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
Sadly a few days ago my chicken Redtail passed away :( . Today we went to somebody selling 'blue/green egg laying chickens'. It turned out she had alot more than that- wyandottes, rhode island reds, silver lakenvelders, light brahamas, buff orpingtons, barred rocks, and more! She was selling alot of them- apparentally they buy them from a breeder every year and sell off some of them in the spring. So I picked out two hens! All of them were super freindly and spoiled!!! I got one Easter Egger, which I came from, and this actually turned out to be their favorite hen they had, a super freindly one, who was lavender colored (she might be an Ameraucana, I'm not sure). Their name for her was Bedazzle, pronounced Beh-dazzle. I'm keeping her name and calling her Dazzle for short. She's really pretty lavender colored with some reddish feathers. She's so sweet! Apparentally she just stared laying a few days ago.The other chicken I had a hard time deciding on- I finally got a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a real beauty, also a sweetie! I haven't named her yet- any suggestions?
I'm so happy right now! I put pictures of them tommorow!

Last edited:
Here they are :)

Aren't they pretty? <3

They have such sweet personalities, Bedazzle is curious and friendly- a lap chicken, and the Wyandotte is sweet and freindly as well, but more docile and layed back. I'm still not sure if she's an ameraucana or an easter egger, though I'm thinking probably easter egger.

Bedazzle:

I just love this picture!

And the Wyandotte. I love her lacing
love.gif

Again, any name ideas for this one?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom