I'm so happy My goose laied her frist egg!!!! (Pics) I'm so happy

Discussion in 'Geese' started by cat1994, Oct 10, 2010.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Im so happy
    This morn my 3 African Geese were being extremely loud! I went out to see what they were talking about, and I found my 2 ganders watching my only goose (I know its better to have just a pair but I havn't sold the other gander yet). She was sitting on her nest just like she does every morn, but she has never laied an egg befor. They are about 6 months old and I wasn't really exspeting any eggs to come so soon (I'm knew with geese). Any way this morn she laied her frist egg!!!! When she got up off her lil nest there it was a pretty white goose egg!!! It is even wram and wet, she just laied it [​IMG]
    Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Good for you! [​IMG] I can't wait until my chickens start laying.

3. The goose girl

The goose girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Congratulations! I guess it's time for you to talk to her about the birds... ehh, geese... and the bees? [​IMG]

Are you making an omelette? Please keep us posted on the taste! I'm still hoping my Keld is a goose, so I'll have eggs in the spring. [​IMG]

I must confess I'm sooo in love with your goslings - that picture of them running melts my heart. I think it just might be the best gosling picture ever. They are beautiful in all the pictures, but the running picture is awesome!

4. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thats great news and what grorgeous geese you have!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  5. justanotheramy

justanotheramy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    Congratulations!
    Seven years later and I still have my Ida's first egg -- I was so excited! (That's not as terrifying as it sounds: a friend drilled some holes in it top and bottom and blew the egg for me, so he got an omelette and I got a memento. We did the same thing with my turkey's first egg a few weeks ago.)

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    That picture of the three of them running is so darn cute!! Where are you located-----I really need a gander! Congrats. on the egg! [​IMG]

7. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    I think that it's really funny to see the goose egg in a chicken egg carton!

8. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Thanks everyone [​IMG] I made the omelette this morn and it was great [​IMG] I blew out the yolk and kept the egg (just like I did for my first ever chicken and duck egg I got) [​IMG]

9. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Quote:Im in Missouri

10. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Quote:Congrats - lets hope the next one lays a golden egg!!!!!!!! - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The pic of them running is a really good shot - DH says it looks great, hes into photography!

I sadly never blew my first eggs of my big chicken girls as they were all grown up when I got them ( We don;t have geese as DH is frightend of them - they chased him into a pond when he was a small boy and he nearly drowned!) I now have 3 wee pullets near ready to lay - about 4/5 weeks time and maybe I will do that with my first from them? - I did do it with my last egg from my lovely Hen Eleanor who sadly broke her own neck on the coop roof. We processed her and in doing so learned a great deal about the insides of the Hen and egg production - inside of her was her very last egg - I couldn't bare to throw it away and so I blew it out and we keep it with the date we got her and the date she died on it. ( We are odd us chicken folk!!!! As the rest of her went in the oven and I cried for days but she tasted lovely!!!Well she was a chicken and I couldn't bare to throw her in the bin!!!!)

Oesdog - hope you have many more eggs!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by