I'm so heartbroken </3

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by peeps7, Oct 7, 2010.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Well yesterday I left home early, which I never do, as soon as I got to where I was going I got a phone call. 2 Great big german shepherds and gotten into one of my chicken coops. They completely annihilated a silver sebright hen, killed a sebright rooster, a spangled old english game bantam hen, and a young Tom turkey. I had just redone all of the runs on my main chicken coop and made sure everything was predator proof so thank the Lord they didn't get to any of those chickens. There was a busted pane of glass on the chicken coop the flock that got killed were in and I hadn't fixed it. I put up a piece of wire to make sure the chickens didn't get out until I could fix it but the German shepherds just pushed right through it. It was a massacre when I got home [​IMG] I was so upset, the animal control said people are just dumping dogs left and right out here and they were probably strays. We have never had a dog attack, predator problem, nothing in the 4-5 years I have been raising chickens so this is very heartbreaking for me. That was the only coop I hadn't gotten around to fixing, the golden sebrights, seramas, old english game bantams, and the bantam mille fleur cochins were very safe and I'm just beating myself up over this one coop I didn't get around too [​IMG] Sorry guys, I just had to vent

2. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I am so sorry for your loss.

3. WillieBoy

WillieBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Sorry for your loss, what a drag...Next to racoons, i fear some dogs getting my hens. I've had hens for over three yrs. So far i haven't lost a hen to a predator.
    Racoons i expect and know i'll be battling, its nature..Dogs, for the most part run loose because of some careless jerks. I realize some dogs are abandoned and just trying to survive, but for the most part i have zero tolerance for dogs after my hens...Again sorry for your loss..

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] sorry for such a loss. [​IMG]

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

6. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    [​IMG] Im so sorry [​IMG]

7. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Sorry for ur loss. [​IMG] Sometimes we just can't do it all. Forgive urself. [​IMG]

8. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    I am so sorry.

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sorry for your loss.

10. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens