I'm SO irritated! BAD hatchery experience! Be warned......

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Pumpkinpup, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I placed a sizeable order with Dark Eggs Only online on the 26th of last month and paid for it at the time of the order. The following day I get a email stating they can not fill my order as placed and to please choose two new breeds in place of the two they did not have available. I did not want a different breed so I asked if they could delay my shipping until mid May so that they would have the breeds I wanted. I was told no, that they would not have one of the other breeds on my order at that time so it would not solve the problem.
    SOOOO, at this point I asked to cancel the order and please send a refund to my credit card. NO REPLY!
    After emailing them again several days later I got a confirmation of canceled order and was told a refund would follow. Here we are on the 7th of April and I still have no refund. I am just livid now!
    I want to place an order with another company but am now wondering if it is worth the headache.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Document everything and keep records! If they don't give you your credit back with I'd say about 5 days max call your card company and contest the charge. I had to do it once with a company that lost my shipment for over a month and then when it finally came it was in pieces!!

3. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have all the email communications still so I am prepared to do war if need be.

4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I sent the company another email and contacted the credit card company as well. We will see where it goes from here. [​IMG]

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Be done with them!

Contact your credit card company and disallow any charges by them. Simple. Done.
    Then, put your feet up. This isn't good for your heart. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by