1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

im so lucky

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenfanatic, Apr 18, 2009.

1. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    wowwwwwww i am so very lucky my mom found an ad in the paper today for chickens. it said 2 dollars apiece i figured yeah what kinda birds are gonne be 2 bucks rite. well just for the heck of it i called the lady she sounded cool enough so we went over there turns out she is my mothers former college professor. i never had any idea she even liked chickens let alone had an old ornamental style horse stable full of them. yes folks i mean that she is very well of it seems and i think that the birds got to be to much for here so she wanted to cut down. well heres how it worked out the first day we got 8 mille fluer d'uccle,12 easter eggers,2 sultan bantams,3 cuckoo marans, 2 oegb, and a jersey black giant all beeder raised. when we got ready to go she said just give me 20 dollars and she gave us a 1 yr old rio grand turkey hen for free. so a couple days goes by she calls my mom and asks us to come over we did she said take more please hehehe. she is leaving onvacation and so she wanted to cut down even more so the caretaker a.k.a my mother wouldnt have such a hard time. so the second trip we got a nice cochin pair,3 frizzled cochin hens 2 more mille fleurd'uccle,3 more easter eggers, and another o.e.g.b rooster. im so glad we live ion the country lets us have wayyyy more birds ahahaha.
    yesssssssss.

2. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Youare so lucky!!! Congrats!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

How funny and great is that! Last summer I paid $55 for 2 pullets and 1 hen, and feel like I did good.

Imp

4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Congrats on your new additions to your flock!

5. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yeah it was pretty unbelievable. we went expecting a bunch of old nasty yardbirds at best and come home with show quality for practically nothing all are healthy at point of lay.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sometimes the good Lord blesses us when we least expect it, doesn't He?

7. preppy*hippie*chick

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Tell me!!! I just pais $25 EACH for 5 5 week old chicklets plus $40 shipping plus $10 for the box. Keeping the box in case I need it. That box will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands. That was a pricey box. Did I mention the box?

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Boy are you lucky!! That was nice of her! Now you've got yourself a whole big flock!

9. preppy*hippie*chick

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    I suddenly feel the need to call MY mom. [​IMG]

10. chickenfanatic

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yeah them boxes can get expensive it seems id plate it in gold and put it on the mantle. and we already had a big flock but wanted some variety well we got it and got it cheap and well. we may go back for more but only if she asks we dont wanna be greedy not that we left much hehehe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by