I'm so MAD! eBay Outbid & Auction Removed!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by DawnSuiter, Jul 31, 2008.

1. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

So, for a week, I've been playing tug of war with a buyer over some rare eggs.. there were two auctions from this seller, who also adds to her listings "email me for extras" yeah. well... extras alright, that is exactly what I suspect happened!

I was evenutally outbid, by a pretty penny mind you almost $10 per egg, on an auction for 6 eggs ending soon, meanwhile I bid on another auction for eggs of the same variety, same seller, an auction ending in a few days. We played tug of war on both auctions although I went much lower with my proxy on auction #2. Well.. she/he won auction #1 and I was relieved, what was I thinking ??bidding that much! Whew! Specially since I still had auction 2!

TODAY, the SELLER has prematurely ended the auction #2 because the items are no longer available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now.. I'm no dope, I know fertile eggs are not somethiing you can time a clock to, HOWEVER, it's just ODD TO ME that this seller offers extra eggs on the side by email, and then my auction for 6 end of season eggs dissappears!

Well.. I suppose it COULD be coincidence, but it surely doesn't FEEL like it if you know what I mean.

MAN! I was REALLY looking forward to those EGGS!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008
  2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Sounds like to me she sold them on the side for more than she thought the auction would end for.

What breed are you looking for?

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

There are shady things on ebay sometimes?!?!?! Sounds a little shady to me!! What type of eggs are you looking for? Just curious.

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Barnevelder eggs, these birds are so lovely, and now I'll have to wait till NEXT YEAR!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

There aren't many owners of them here on BYC that I've been able to find, but corancher has some, but its late in the year, plus I saw in another thread that there weren't anymore this season a couple months ago or so [​IMG]

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I have admired those birds too!!! Darn that egg seller!!! :thun

Best of luck getting ahold of some when you can....

6. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    I would email them tell them what you suspect and that you will be turning them into ebay. I would be that mad.

7. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    I sold on Ebay (antiques) from the date of it's inception and I can tell you exactly what happened but I think you already figured it out.

It is highly against eBay rules to add "extras" in listings. This seller needs to be turned in or otherwise they will just keep pulling this stuff.

Turn them in. You will be doing all buyers a service.
    Jacie

Edited to read: I haven't sold on eBay for 3 years because of all the deadbeat buyers and dirty tricks by not only buyers and sellers but eBay itself. It just isn't worth the hassle!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    This is one of the reasons why i Never order eggs from Ebay

I Only order eggs from BYC's sellers. [​IMG]

Because you always come out better

9. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    I sold eggs on ebay for a little while.... I stopped because people where bidding them for way more than they where worth and the hatch rates after shipping where really low for most of my buyers. These where duck eggs that I was getting 90% hatch rates on and when shipped the buyers where getting 1 or 2 in a dozen. I think the postal service x-ray machines might have something to do with it.

10. blurose

blurose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Winston, Oregon
    I am not interested in show quality birds so I got my barnevelders from Ideal a few years ago. I have already put in my order for more from Ideal, but they won't be available until Feb 2009. I chose to not deal with shipped hatching eggs myself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by