I'M SO MAD!! MY LANDLORD IS A LIAR!!!! Pics on pg 6

I am thinking if you sunk 15000 in to the building you can UNSINK it. remove everything and bring it back to the original how you found it. There is nothing they can do. You are in the midst of remodeling your rented area. Remove EVERYTHING and let THEM sink 15000 into it. You will need those supplies wherever you move to.

stinking crooks!

Quote:
It seems to me if you invested the money for the updates they are yours. You SHOULD take them with you unless there are stipulations in the lease the LL has no right to them. Thats the way it is here in Ar. Everything I have ever rented and fixed up i was able to get credit off my rent or take it if it was removable without damage.
Good Luck!!

That only applies IF the Landlord knows 1. in advance of what you're doing 2. agrees to said changes... and 3. agrees to reimburse you for said items.

All things must be done in writing or some other type of notification. You just cannot simply put hardwood floors in to replace the carpet because you want hardwood floors and then expect your Landlord to reimburse you for it. It just doesnt work that way.... If you decide to put up new light fixtures because you dont like whats there - at YOUR COST - then you can either 1. take those with you when you leave and replace with something comp. to what was there when you arrived - or 2. you must ask the landlord permission for replacing those fixtures so they can give you a price amount to go with to deduct from your rent should they agree.

HENNY Thank You for pointing out my neglect in mentioning those things. I was a little flustered with her LL when I wrote that. I have ALWAYS had permission to change things. I would assume that you had permission as well 15K is alot of money to sink.

Thanks guys.

I did have permission to do everything. He even had input on design and let me use his architect.

We did not however discuss prices for him paying it back.

I'm not sure what to expect on Sunday.

A point which your lawyer should bring up is the disposition of the weekly rent paid by the church group.
Your landlord cannot keep that money and still charge you full rent. You are entitled to full and sole possession and the landlord cannot accept rent from another party for any time period for which you have already paid him without refunding rent to you.

More importantly, he probably invalidated your lease by accepting money from the subtenant without compensating you.

OOooooh! I like that...."invalidated my lease"
rant.gif

I'm going to use that one on Sunday! Thanks!!

Last edited:
I hope things will go well for you at that meeting. I would be hopping mad if I were you. If it turns out they won't reimburse you for your renovations or let you take them, find a few neighborhood teens who can "accidentially" find your key and a couple of sledge hammers! Technically, your renovations would still be there, just in a big pile on the floor!

Quote:
I would not recommend doing that - under any circumstance - sorry.

Eggchel is correct - I'd talk to a lawyer regarding his violation of subleting over your current occupancy and leasing agreement and thereby, accepting other monies off of YOUR rental agreement.

Absolutely I'd contact a lawyer before I went further and talked to this Landlord about what you are going to do.

Last edited:
I don't understand how any land lord can rent out space you have a lease for. If you can't sublet, the church group has to go. If he has sublet something you have a lease on....he could be in big legal trouble. Like the other person said; he invalidated the lease at the barest minimum.

Last edited:
Quote:
I would not recommend doing that - under any circumstance - sorry.

Eggchel is correct - I'd talk to a lawyer regarding his violation of subleting over your current occupancy and leasing agreement and thereby, accepting other monies off of YOUR rental agreement.

Absolutely I'd contact a lawyer before I went further and talked to this Landlord about what you are going to do.

Well I didn't mean for her to actually go out and do it! It was a sarcastic joke, I should have put JK at the end but I was typing really fast and doing like three things at once (eating a burrito, typing my responce, and doing a google search on mini pigs! LOL!)

Back
Top Bottom