I'm so proud of my babies.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by turtle1173, May 25, 2008.

1. turtle1173

turtle1173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    SE Missouri
    I've been working hard on my chicken coop the past couple weeks. Meanwhile I've got 10 chickens who are getting impatient. My chicks are about 8 weeks old. For the past week I've been letting them go about the yard a lot more. It's also been extra hot this past week, so the shed they've been staying in has been especially warm.

Today I wasn't able to let them out until noon. I left for church this evening around 4pm and decided just to let them be. We ended up going grocery shopping after services and didn't get home till after 8pm.

I was so worried about them and was so afraid something was going to have happened while I was gone. We pulled in the driveway and I left our headlights on so I could see back to the shed. I ran to the shed and turned on the lights. All 10 of the chickens were piled in the open 3'x3' brooder that's out there. I was so proud. They were safe and all together. [​IMG]

Shane

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Aww well behaved babies you have there! [​IMG]

3. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    Awww, good chickies.

We had some really sudden hot weather here, so I left my 8 week olds out in the yard all day (8-10 hours) unsupervised. I left water bowls around the yard, and hoped for the best. When I came home, they were happy as could be, cool and under the bushes. I had been so worried all day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by