I'm so proud!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Equest94, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    Let me tell you I am totally in love with my chickens. I had them since they were week old chicks (they are like 6-7 months now) and they are just awesome.

I went home (from college) for the weekend and I let the chickens out so they could run around a bit while I cleaned their coop. Well, I had to drive back and my parents were going out, so they told me to go put the flock back in because they were not coming back until late. I was rushing, trying to finish up my work and still pack and all I could think of was 'Oh great... it's the middle of the day, they've only been out for about 2 hours... they are not going to want to be caught and shoved back into their house." I don't know if anyone else's birds do this, but I called mine "Come on you guys!" and they ALL came running over to me... I mean really running, wings flapping and everything! Even the roosters. My little hen fell behind and started to throw a fit... she just stood there and started screaming; I called her by name and she started chirping and cooing and they sped over to me and stood on my foot just looking up at me (she's a bit of a "Fat kid" - she loves treats and just assumes I'll hand them out whenever she asks, lol)... but yeah... they listen better than my dog.

that made me so proud!

2. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    know matter where mine is at i call them they come runny to me they love to be pated and i love them back

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] Awww They love you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by