1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Im SO ready to hatch out more chicks...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarahFair, Oct 19, 2009.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I havent hatched anything since May..
    Even that was only 2nd hatch.

Ive just been busy. I dont have a self turner and cant really afford $50 till after xmas. Its too much of a luxury item for right now... [​IMG]

With the holidays coming up I feel like Ill never be able to hatch them out again! [​IMG]

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hang in there!

Spring is closer than you think!

3. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    If you sell your eggs you can put back some of that money from every dozen and then when you have enough you can get one and be on your happy hatchin way [​IMG] You can also look on BYC sale posts and maybe find one cheeper. Good luck. [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My chickens quit laying about 2 months ago...

5. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    We there is always fertile eggs you can get on BYC to hatch...... Just think, more birds, more breeds, more little fuzzy butts. [​IMG]

6. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    i'm in almost the same boat.. i'm on hatch #1.. no turner... same reasoning...
    i plan on asking SANTA for a turner.. lol...
    tell the family to just put money in your paypal account so you can order a turned on line.. and if they don't know how much you've already gotten, you may end up with enough extra to order some new eggs too.. lol...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by