I'm so sad :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bleenie, May 22, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

At the end of February I had to ut my 9yr old Rottweiler, Karmin, to sleep because of Bone Cancer, it came on very fast and the day after the vet saw her she developed a Huge lump/tumor..She was having a hard time walking, sleeping a lot & I just didn't want her to suffer anymore. It was so hard on me, I got her when I was 14 after I finished Chemotherapy, i wasn't allowed to have pets during treatment. Back in October I had to have surgery to remove cancer cells from my Cervix & was still kind of recovering from that, mostly mentally but also physically. She was my baby, she was everyones baby & we all(including my dad!) cried when we found out. I was very very depressed for a while afterwards.

This past weekend, while I was visiting family in Idaho, my grandmother was taking care of my cat, Merlin, for me. I rescued Merlin & 7 kittens at a home where they had tossed some food across the porch and abandoned them all. I brought them all home and found great homes for everyone but decided to keep Merlin, I was already so attached. She was only about 1yr old when i got her. She nearly died after we got her, she developed a terrible case of mastitis, wouldnt eat, drink, had a high fever and slept all the time. I hto compressed her tummy 4 times a day & she was on meds for 2 weeks before she started feeling better. She was my little baby from the start & So gorgeous, you couldnt help but love her once you saw those Huge, crossed Blue eyes. She was so smart & learned her new name within days & was so good with Karmin..you'd ahve thought that dog belonged to her [​IMG] .

When I came home from idaho last Sunday I couldnt find her anywhere. It was hot here all weekend so the door was open most of the time, which was fine, she always ran in and out through the day but always came back in for the night. When I asked my grandmother about it she said she hadn't seen her since that morning. I called for her but figured she would be back soon. I called for her for 30 minutes every night this week and she still hasn't come home... I asked the neighbors, registered on all the websites and even posted on Craigslist. I've gotten nothing & no one has seen her. When i lost my dog Merlin really helped me cope with it.."at least i still have my pretty kitty" was what i would tell her..she was very depressed for a while afterwards too.

I just feel so lost without her, it hasn't even been 3 months since I lost Karmin. if someone did take her, i just hope that she is in a good home & is being well taken care of. I keep teling myself that, it's easier than thinking that something may have 'gotten' her.

I feel like i need a house pet, maybe that sounds dumb but i miss coming home or inside at night and having that loveable little face looking at you like you're the coolest person in the whole wide world or wanting to play or just get loved on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Bleenie, don't give up hope yet. She may still come home. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I feel the same way about house pets. I'll be holding good thoughts.

3. WhetzelMomma

WhetzelMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Canyonville
    HUGS!!
    I had to put down our Rottweiler too... she was SUCH a love. I don't think you ever REALLY realize how MUCH they are a part of the family until they aren't there anymore. So sorry for your losses!! They are BOTH so beautiful and obviously loved.

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have still been calling her, day & night and i am really really hoping she just comes strolling down the driveway to me like she always does. [​IMG]

5. ElCuervo

ElCuervo Out Of The Brooder

I'm so sorry for your losses. I can't live without dogs and cats in my life, but the downside of that is outliving them. I've heard many people say that it hurts so much that they won't get another pet. Not me, though - there are too many out there for me to take care of all at once, so I just try to keep as many as possible whenever I can. No matter how much it may hurt to lose them, at least they have very good life for as long as possible here on the farm, and every one of them deserves the best they can get.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] You have been through a lot. [​IMG] Hopefully, she will return to you. Keeping my fingers crossed as well. [​IMG]

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Go house to house and ask people to look their garages! An open garage on a hot day is very attractive to kitties.

When we lived in Snohomish, I had a cat disappear after a very warm day. She had wandered into the neighbor's garage - they shut the door and did not notice her stuck. She was there for 3 days before we found her. She was 5 houses down.

[​IMG] hoping she is home soon

[​IMG] Karmin was beautiful.

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to put down my 17 year old Bashful kitty on Thursday because of Sarcoma. She had been through 2 surgeries since December, but did bounce back from the 2nd one. I noticed how much weight she had lost and seemed as if she was in pain when she walked. I was there when she was born and there when my wonderful vet help her move to Rainbow Bridge.

As someone suggested, ask people to check their garages and sheds. Bashful's sister, Butterscotch, managed to get locked away in somewhere for over a month. I was beginning to loose hope when someone replied to my poster I had put up!! She came running through the front door as I was heading out to go find her.

I hope you find her and find peace in knowing when they do go, they will be waiting for us at the Bridge

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I made sure to tell everyone and everyone knows where we live, there's not many people out in this area & most have been here a Long time. When I got the news about Karmin, the Vet suggested amputation, she hadn't been using her leg much for about a week, it was obviously very painful. I may have done it but she said it would only have given her a couple more months, plus she had already developed the tumor, so it was obvious it was in her whole body now. I couldnt imagine having her leg cut off, healing up and then having to put her down..it would have been so much harder for both of us. She also lost about 10lbs over a years time..her symptoms(besides weight loss) came on very suddenly and a week later we had to put her down.

we did bury her here at home though, this is the only home she's ever known and i don't think i could have lived with myself if i had just let them do whatever with her. I still plan on making her a memory stone/marker. she's burried next to 2 of her puppies that we lost at 9wks old to parvo, Adia(blk/tan rott) & Disoto(red/tan rott). we had planned to keep those two but the parvo came from the neighbors dog and took them fast.

10. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    i am so sorry to hear your story. i hope you get yourself another pet soon. they always have away of helping us heal. maybe your cat will be back, i hope so anyway. you are so right unless you have loved an animal, your soul is unawakened. i love my animals. i have loved and lost so many, each still holds a very special place in my heart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by