I'm SO sick of bullies! Are you?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KCchickens, Nov 23, 2010.

1. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Obviously I dislike bullies. I'm so sick of hearing on the news abut young Teens and kids killing themselves because of other horrible little kids. And the town I live in another girl just took her life [​IMG]
    of course killing yourself is not the way out, AT ALL! But maybe these kids don't know that [​IMG]. What has changed in only a few years to make kids bully others so horribly? I graduated in 05 and there was hardly any bullying there, I mean the worst case Ive ever been apart of was when a boy put gum in my hair [​IMG]

I've been so happy to hear my younger brother and sister haven't been bullied..... But that's not saying my sister hasn't bullied someone!
    My mom called me the other day to tell me ( let's call her becca) beccas been bullying a girl! I was horrified! The mother of the girls called my mom and told her that beccas been bullying her daughter. I told my mom he can't be one of those parents who turns a deaf ear, like her kid is totally innocent ( another thing that bugs me) when she's not. So my mom did talk to her about it.

My family was out at our house this past weekend ( chicken photo shoot) and becca asked why one of our roosters were in a pen by himself. I tell her," he's going to freezer camp because he's a bully and picks on all the smaller chickens". ( which is not a lie)

the thing is, I'm just sick of people bullying other, hurting others, being rude, you name it.
    And then my sister!? I never would of guessed. It makes me sad [​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wonder if she caught the subtle hint... I rather like it myself. Sounds like something I'd say.

Haven't heard of any real bullying here in these parts myself. Cold shoulder, yeah. Even I saw that as a kid... but since I don't think people should be forced into friendships, they should choose (and live with the consequences) themselves, that never bothered me all that much. But that's totally different from going out of your way to verbally or physically harass someone. If you don't want to be friends, FINE, then stay the heck away. Seems pretty simple to me.

No, I take that back... I guess Sis would be considered a Mean Girl... not in school, but at home she was a terror. Physically and verbally attacking constantly... but then she learned from the best... Mom. So there ya go. I never did understand the apparent satisfaction she got out of hurting... still don't today. I guess I'm just not wired that way.

[​IMG]

3. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    I know I wish they could all at least ignore people they don't like. That's what I did, I would feel so ashamed knowing I'd hurt someones feeling like that.
    I think when I said that, she looked at me like " mom told you?".

My kids ( one day) better not even think twice about teasing other kids..... I don't think I will be kind if they do.

I hink it must be something about being the older sibling, being mean to the younger ones comes with the territory. [​IMG]
    I was the oldest, and pretty much kept to myself, there was plenty of times though when I did want to beat up my younger siblings:confused:

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm the eldest too... Sis that's so mean is the middle child... Mom was also a middle child... wonder just how much a role that plays?

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    My personal opinion is that bullies are cowards that have low self-esteem. They can only feel good about themselves by making others feel bad.
    One kid ATTEMPTED to bully me when I was in junior high-only happened once with that one kid-think I got my point across that I wasn't going to take it.
    Sadly, the kids that are bullied tend to be the most vulnerable, the ones that won't stand up for themselves-hence the reason I think bullies are cowards-they won't pick on someone their own size, so to speak.

6. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Bullying is like lifes pecking order. The least capable of defending themselves or the one with the lowest self esteem will be picked on. It sucks and we can try to deal with unfortunately it but it is in our nature.

7. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    we haven't had any major issues as of yet [​IMG]
    but this morning, I'm driving my neighbor/friend to the middle school to meet with the principal and an investigating police officer because someone on her son's bus has spit in his face not once or twice, but three times. After the second incident the kid was suspended from the bus for 3 days, so this time we're hoping he gets suspended from the bus AND school, maybe then the parents will get the hint.

I think parenting has a lot to do with bullies. My children are raised to treat others with the respect they would like for themselves, but I will not take up for my kids. If I ever caught wind of my kid being a bully, they'll be relieved at the lax discipline from the school after I take care of things.

And on the other end of the spectrum, my kids are taught that if they witness one of their sisters being picked on, [​IMG] now, ask questions later. If someone is bullying them, speak up. strike two, speak up with explicit warning. strike three, kick butt and take names, I'll gladly sign that detention slip. This way they learn to assert themselves, protect each other, and themselves.

but most of the time, simple parental involvement can diffuse things. my middle girl walks to school with two other girls, one of which is extremely stuck up and is always telling the other two to carry her bag and threatens them if they don't. well yesterday I had to drive up to the school as they were walking, we crossed paths right in front of the stuck up girl's house. when all three of them piled in my van I told the girl "I think we're close enough you can walk, ______. Oh, I see you're carrying your own bag today, I like that." and gave her the eye [​IMG]

8. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Bullying is part of reality. I was bullied when I was in Jr. High by a HERD of High School girls. I learned to cope. I did not go tell on them, nor did I fight back at first. Eventually I cleaned one girls clock and they left me alone. My parents weren't sued, and the principal, after finding out how long it had gone on, and to what extent, seemed rather proud of me for not killing them. Nobody got suspended, it was taken care of already.

Bullying will stop, when the crap line about not fighting back stops. Kids that commit suicide have no out. They have to take it. They're taught to take it from day one. Telling teachers more often than not escalates the problem. The frustration builds up, and they have no way to vent that frustration. So they turn it on themselves. If more bullies got the taste smacked out of their mouth like they did when I was in school...the playing field would even up and nobody would die. It didn't kill me to be bullied, I toughened up. It didn't kill that girl to get smacked upside the head for bullying, she learned to stop being an idiot, because it hurts. Just my opinion. SOO glad I live in the country and went to country schools.

Most people won't agree, and that's fine, but I have taught my girls to fight back, and they never had to, because other kids knew not to mess with them. When faced with confrontation repeatedly, they used words to tell those bullies what they would do to them if they kept it up, and that most often was the end of it. A little aggression goes a long way. Unfortunately, a healthy ammount of aggression is being bred out of our kids so to speak, and not doing so would solve a few issues. Yet again, as stated, just MY OPINION. You don't have to agree [​IMG]

9. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    IMHO I'm not sure that the bullies of today are any worse. i think they just have more options, and access to ways of torturing their victims. I graduated in 89 and I was acused of being a bully up until high school. You see I was always the largest kid in class and I can be intimidating when pushed. I was also bullied mercilessly by some from grade school up until high school.

Fast forward, I now have a 16yr old daughter and 9yr old son with my genetics and my temperment. Both of my children have been the object of and accused of bullying at one time or another. I think what seperates the children that go overboard on the bully side and the ones that take permanent action on a temporary issue is the way their parents deal with the issues. I have been supportive and helped both my children work out resolution to being bullied. i have gone to see a few parents with my daughter in tow to end a few issues. I have also been very harsh in repremanding my children in the few circumstances where they were the bully. All children can and will be boneheaded at times. It is up to us to help them address and cope with their insecurities and or anger issues in a constructive manner.

I firmly believe the need for both parents to work in order to support the houshold, and the lack of a strong Christ centered home is what is causing most of our childrens problems.

May God bless and keep you

Jason M.[​IMG]

10. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:HEY! I was middle child and got the mess beat out of me by BOTH my siblings! Anytime I had disagreement with one, the other got involved. Middle child is a crappy position. My brother tried to throw me in a bonfire when I was 12, my sister made my life hell just by being the favorite and telling lies to get me in trouble. If SHE did something, she told my parents I did it!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by