I'm so sleepy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by horsejody, Nov 27, 2009.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I hosted Thanksgiving yesterday. I got to bed around 10:30 last night. The dog woke me up at 2:00AM. He's just like a little kid. If he has a bad dream or doesn't feel good, he comes up and sleeps on my pillow with me. Then I got up at 3:00AM because I went shopping with my daughter and daughter-in-law. We hit the stores at 4:00AM. We had a plan and got the deals we were looking for and didn't buy the extras. Then I had to be to work at 8:00am. I am so tired!

2. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Me too. Trying to concentrate today seems to be getting harder as time goes by. I was also up at 2:30 for the wonderful shopping experience. The first black Friday I have ever been to and I expect it to be the last too. Too many pushy people for my taste... and I didn't even get the main thing I was after. They didn't have enough stock. Go figure.

edited... can't seem to spell today either.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Me too! I was in alot of pain last night and tossed and turned till after 5 AM. The dog needed to go out at 8. Really I think he just heard DGS playing in the living room and wanted in on the fun.
    I'd love to find my blankie and curl up for a nap.

4. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Me three. I've still got some Thanksgiving mess to clean up, but my feet gave out last night. Then I didn't sleep well, woke up with a headache, sent Hubby out to catch some Black Friday sales (he loves to shop), but I couldn't get back to sleep. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Over the years, I have learned which stores to avoid. Walmart and Target are the worst. They never have enough of anything in stock and too many people go there. It's usually a waste of time to try to get their sales. This morning I got huge discounts on flannel sheets, towels, pillows, a toaster oven, a gas grill, glass bakewear, jewelry, toys for the Toys 4 Tots box, water bottles, and a Carhart coat. I also got a bunch of free Disney snow globes from JC Penney.

6. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Hmmm... sounds like I did go to the wrong place. I went to Walmart and Best Buy before just giving up and going to work an hour early. I live about 40 minute drive so of course couldn't go home. When I went to Best Buy a lot of the things were sold out but was able to get a good deal on a couple MP3 players for my kids. One of the guys working there told me that people were lined up starting Wednesday/Thrusday at Midnight!!! All for $200 computers (among other deals). I couldn't imagine waiting in line all day on Thanksgiving and all night. Especially when it only got up to 30 degrees Thursday!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Yes, Best Buy is another bad one. Also, avoid Kohls and Old Navy. We actually get the best deals at Younkers, JC Penney, Sears and Tractor Supply.

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Walgreens and Radio Shack are pretty good ones to try too. They always have enough stock, and there is no crowd as long as you don't hit the ones in the mall.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hope you make it thru the day without taking a sleepy nosedive Jody. Get some extra rest tonight. [​IMG]

10. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    DD and I went to Walmart this morning as well, We got everything we wanted on our lists It was crowded but the store is open 24/7 so everyone was alllowed in. All you had to do was find the item you wanted most and stand by it. They had plenty of stock in fact one of the associates was hawking the 398.00 desk top HP computers as noone was buying them. Had to return to the store alter and they were still there. I also got two additonal gifts that I had forgotten about. Joys of living in a small town atheres enough to go around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by