I'm so tired!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 11, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH and I had to get up early this morning. He has an appt. with the orthopedist in Texas today, to hopefully get the boot off his leg. [​IMG] We had planned to leave a few hours early to run some other errands on our way.

Apparently no one told the dogs that we had to be up early. Dunno why, possibly severe storms in our area last night, but they wouldn't settle down in their crates, which are in our bedroom.

At 4 o'clock this morning I gave up and went to the couch, only to be woken up three hours later by the puppy desperately needing to go out.

How do animals always seem to know you're exhausted and chose that time to act up?

Good luck to me driving this morning. Sure hope DH gets the boot off so he can drive home. [​IMG]

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Good luck today!!!! I suffer the same fate......especially during storms and 4th of July. I always know I'm in for a loooooong night.

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Somehow mine know to wake up 20 minutes before the alarm clock. It doesn't seem to matter what time the alarm is set for (and it does vary). They ALWAYS want to go out 20 minutes before the darn alarm goes off. [​IMG]

I figure the acting out the night before big events is like little kids and Christmas. Somehow they pick up on the sub-currents and get all excited. [​IMG]

Be careful driving tired! Good luck to DH on the boot. I know he's tired of it.

4. 2chickenrich

2chickenrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    Perry, Georgia
    It wasn't our dog it was my dad , 86 yrs , staying with us until his apt comes open he is 15 on the list . he looked at his watch and thought it was time to get up , at 86 there is no time to get up except when you are ready , he got up early then after we were awake went to sleep in the recliner. Oh yea he watches tv and he can't hear so it has to be very very loud, there's no sleep for us after he is awake.[​IMG]

5. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    I know how you feel too. I went to bed at 10:30 lastnight, and had to get up at 2:30am this morning...... I woke up at 1:30, and couldn't go back to sleep....... Band practice is tonight so I won't get to bed till after 10:30 tonight........It's gonna be a long day! zZZZZZzzzz ZZZZZZzzzz!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by